CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   Simulating Chapter 19 Air Conditioning Simulation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/86401-simulating-chapter-19-air-conditioning-simulation.html)

jiguozhao March 22, 2011 03:09

Simulating Chapter 19 Air Conditioning Simulation
 
Dear All:
I was trying to simulate the case in chapter 19 air conditioning in tutorial.
But I can not pass through the step of "Compiling the fortran subroutine for the thermostat". when it comes here, there is a error appeared as "ERROR CCL parser failed with message Perl Syntax errors detected: cfx5mkext failed at (eval 196) line 1". if i type "cfx5mkext TStat_Control.F" in the command line in laucher-tool, the error is "the complier command 'ifort' could not be found, pls ensure that the complier is on your path and try again". actually i do not know what is 'ifort'. I tried to add the whole file cfx/<bin> into my environment variable. but it is the same.
My computer system is Windows 7, and i installed compaq visual fortran 6.
I really do not know what is the reason of the problem. It drove me insane!
is there anyone who can give me an answer?
thanks very much in advance!!!
Ji Guozhao
g.ji@uq.edu.au

joey2007 March 22, 2011 14:55

Guess on windows only intel is supported. Some month ago it was possible to get a 14-day test version from intel. If this is still possible, it may helps just for the tutorial.

jiguozhao March 22, 2011 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2007 (Post 300594)
Guess on windows only intel is supported. Some month ago it was possible to get a 14-day test version from intel. If this is still possible, it may helps just for the tutorial.

Thank you Joey:
Sorry for my limited knowledge in Fortran, I don't know what is intel. Do you mean there are two kinds of fortran, one is intel fortran and the other is compaq fortran? and I installed compaq fortran. so this is the problem? If so I will buy a intel fortran. I really need to use fortran to interfere CFX.
Thank you very much!
with regards
Ji Guozhao
g.ji@uq.edu.au

vmlxb6 March 23, 2011 14:38

Compaq and intel FORTRAN are different types of FORTRAN compiler available. FORTRAN is a language, but you need a compiler to compile your source code. CFX is compatible with iFORTRAN (thats by intel). If you using a LINUX M/c like Ubuntu or Red-hat, you may require a different compiler. There are tonnes of them available. Try the trial version of iFORTRAN available for 30 days.
Hope that helps.

jiguozhao March 24, 2011 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmlxb6 (Post 300764)
Compaq and intel FORTRAN are different types of FORTRAN compiler available. FORTRAN is a language, but you need a compiler to compile your source code. CFX is compatible with iFORTRAN (thats by intel). If you using a LINUX M/c like Ubuntu or Red-hat, you may require a different compiler. There are tonnes of them available. Try the trial version of iFORTRAN available for 30 days.
Hope that helps.

Thank u friend:
In CFX solver modeling guide, page 398 the 2nd paragraph, it said "a supported linked is required". What is that, do I have to install that? And how can I get that?
Thanks again!
With regards
Ji

vmlxb6 March 24, 2011 18:01

YES !!!!!! You do have to install an iFORTRAN in your system.

jiguozhao March 25, 2011 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmlxb6 (Post 300960)
YES !!!!!! You do have to install an iFORTRAN in your system.

Dear Friend:
i am sorry to bother you again!
can u provide me a link of iFORTRAN? I can not find that in google.
regards
Ji

vmlxb6 March 25, 2011 02:38

https://registrationcenter.intel.com...8GWJ7R%810%842

jiguozhao March 28, 2011 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmlxb6 (Post 300995)

Dear friend:
I downloaded that, and installed on my computer. but it is still not able to compile the Fortran file. is it just installing CFX and Fortran? do i need to set some other things afterwards? can you help me solve this problem?
kind regards

Ji Guozhao

vmlxb6 March 29, 2011 01:57

I am sorry . I wish I could help you with it. My college computer already had everything installed so I never had to face these kinda of problems. You need to ask someone else.

Prof. Chaos

joey2007 March 29, 2011 14:15

There are some hints on requirements and setup in the help. Check it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:34.