CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   CFX (
-   -   Multi phase flow (

skatun May 25, 2011 12:57

Multi phase flow
I am used to do normal single phase analysis, however now I would like to simulate a hydrofoil sailboat in CFD (Spare time project). Is there any good books I can buy, or tutorials with sample files I can download from somewhere? Should I upgrade to Ansys 13, is it easier in Fluent or rather CFD.

What about Ansys Aqua?

ghorrocks May 25, 2011 18:57

ANSYS aqua will not help you.

You can do this in either CFX or Fluent. Use which ever you are more familiar with. There are no tutorials on hydrofoil sailboats :) so you will have to use the existing tutorials and work it out from there.

skatun May 25, 2011 20:01

Where can I find the tutorials?

Kartus May 26, 2011 05:09

You can find them in the help-sections. Or try google.

Depending on whether fluent or CFX has a tutorial fit to your problem, I would advise you to choose that program. Makes it a lot easier ;)

Hopefully not too off-topic, but does anyone have a tutorial for a fluidized bed in CFX? I just can't find a multi phase (solid-liquid or solid-gas) flow tutorial for CFX...

ghorrocks May 26, 2011 06:37

For more obscure tutorial examples it is recommended to talk to CFX support. They have lots of additional examples at their disposal.

Aslan February 23, 2012 01:46

Multi-phase example
there is a good example about multi-phase in the ansys fluent 12.0 user's guide at p21-1
aslan July 28, 2014 06:37

Ansys CFX tutorials:

Chapter 9: Free Surface Flow Over a Bump