CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   CFX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/)
-   -   CFX5pre error in ALTIX (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/cfx/90310-cfx5pre-error-altix.html)

acoustica July 6, 2011 16:28

CFX5pre error in ALTIX
 
Hi,
I am trying to run .pre extension file with command
cfx5pre -batch test.pre
I using altix environment of cfx5-12.0 version :I am encountered with following error:
cfx5pre -batch test.pre
An error has occurred in cfx5pre:
CUE Viewer executable
/opt2/ANSYS/v130/v130/CFX/bin/linux-ia64/viewer_ogl.exe does not exist

Please tell me if there is any solution !!

The same thing is working with cfx5-11.0 version ..

ghorrocks July 6, 2011 19:22

Your path is wrong. "/v130/" appears twice in the path.

acoustica July 6, 2011 20:45

no path is correct .. it is my installation directory ..

Lance July 7, 2011 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by acoustica (Post 315036)
no path is correct .. it is my installation directory ..

...um, why? Is the installation done properly?
And you say you use "altix environment of cfx5-12.0" but your path is for version 13?

acoustica July 7, 2011 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 315051)
...um, why? Is the installation done properly?
And you say you use "altix environment of cfx5-12.0" but your path is for version 13?

ok ..let me put like this....12 or 13 no matter what.. error is same..
cfx5pre -batch test.pre
An error has occurred in cfx5pre:
CUE Viewer executable
/opt2/ANSYS/v120/CFX/bin/linux-ia64/viewer_ogl.exe does not exist

Lance July 7, 2011 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by acoustica (Post 315093)
ok ..let me put like this....12 or 13 no matter what.. error is same..
cfx5pre -batch test.pre
An error has occurred in cfx5pre:
CUE Viewer executable
/opt2/ANSYS/v120/CFX/bin/linux-ia64/viewer_ogl.exe does not exist

The path to viewer_ogl.exe seems to be OK if /opt2/ is correct.
I would check to see if the installation worked.

acoustica July 7, 2011 06:24

The same test.pre file is working in the version 11.0
Installation if fine.. this viewer_ogl.exe file it self is not there in ALTIX
is there is any options to by pass this viewer_ogl.exe .

acoustica July 7, 2011 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 315107)
The path to viewer_ogl.exe seems to be OK if /opt2/ is correct.
I would check to see if the installation worked.

The same test.pre file is working in the version 11.0
Installation if fine.. this viewer_ogl.exe file it self is not there in ALTIX
is there is any options to by pass this viewer_ogl.exe .

Lance July 7, 2011 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by acoustica (Post 315115)
is there is any options to by pass this viewer_ogl.exe .

You could perhaps try cfx5pre -gr mesa -batch test.pre

acoustica July 7, 2011 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 315116)
You could perhaps try cfx5pre -gr mesa -batch test.pre

i tried this also but no use !!
error message is mesa not allowed .. only graphics available ogl ..
and it is switching to ogl ...

stumpy July 7, 2011 08:05

Is ALTIX support only for the solver in version 12? If so, you probably can't run Pre or Post

acoustica July 7, 2011 09:27

But the same thing is working fine with version 11 in ALTIX

acoustica July 7, 2011 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpy (Post 315133)
Is ALTIX support only for the solver in version 12? If so, you probably can't run Pre or Post

But the same thing is working fine with version 11 in ALTIX

stumpy July 7, 2011 09:41

Look in the doc to see what is supported. Supported platforms change, so just 'cos it worked in 11...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:04.