CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   CFX (
-   -   How to add a new variable in the list of variables for MESH ADAPTATION ?? (

Tramery September 26, 2011 04:51

How to add a new variable in the list of variables for MESH ADAPTATION ??
Good afternoon, colleagues! I have specific enough question, which decision it is real, but it is not described in documentation.

I have CFX versions 12.0, for my problem it is necessary to add the new variable, described by some expression, depending on other variables, such as components of speed of a stream, in the list of variables accessible to MESH ADAPTATION. How I can make it? I will be very grateful for any help!!!

ghorrocks September 26, 2011 06:22

Sounds straight forward. Have a look how variables are set up in the CFX tutorial examples.

Tramery September 26, 2011 06:38

I read the documentation. To add a variable using the expression means cfx-pre impossible. Even the variable is created in the cfx-pre can not simply add to the list of available variables to mesh adaptation. I have a suggestion what to use MMS ... I would be grateful for any tips! Thanks in advance!

tav98f September 28, 2011 10:27

Assuming I understand what you want to do, you should try this.

Create an additional variable. You will need to specify if it is a vector or scalar and the units of the new variable.

Go to default domain and under additional variables define how CFX should calculate your new variable.

I assume that the variable you created will show up in the mesh adaption variables list.

Hope that helps,