||November 8, 2011 10:47
2.5D simulation in CFX-pre
Hi All, Im carrying out 2.5D simulation of centrifugal pump.The following is the procedure Ive used to make the geometry
- As my geometry consists of 3 domains: Inlet(stationary), Impeller(rotating) and Outlet(stationary), I created the 3domains separately; i.e. 3 different ICEM files.
- I followed the general 2.5D procedure: surface mesh followed by extrusion in the z-direction, separately naming the lateral faces which will be later initialized as symmetry.
- Exported the 3 mesh files separately in .cfx5 format
- Imported the 3 mesh files into CFX-pre
- Created interfaces in CFX-pre and thus joined the 3 domains.
- This worked for me and CFX simulated my 2.5D model.
Now, the problem Im facing is as follows:
There is a problem in the way CFX is calculating inlet and outlet areas. It is calculating the areas exactly an order of magnitude less than actual because of which the velocities calculated are an order of magnitude more; this results in a highly unrealistic value of pressure being calculated. Is there a way to rectify this problem? I checked out if I could write a CEL, but seems, CEL is just for post processing and for extracting calculated quantities.
Can anybody throw some light on this?