November 30, 2013, 22:07
(Non-official) News about dev builds of enGrid
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Rep Power: 87
Greetings to all!
For those not familiar with enGrid's development, it's available in enGrid's project at Github, mainly in the following branches:
This thread is therefore an attempt to keep people informed of the latest builds and major code updates made on these development branches.
The latest news are:
- 32 and 64 bit builds for Windows of the latest development "windows" branch (in sync with the master branch), are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wyld...rid_1.5.0-dev/
- They are built with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express and use the ParaView 3.12.0 VTK libraries (it's basically VTK 5.9). They also include the BRLCAD import feature that is available on the current development line.
- The same builds are also available for Ubuntu, through this PPA: https://launchpad.net/~wyldckat/+archive/engrid-ppa
- The available deb packages are for Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04 and 13.10.
- These builds have the features for CGNS and Tau export, but not BRLCAD import.
- In these builds are already the implementation for handling cases for OpenFOAM 2.1, as reported here: https://github.com/enGits/engrid/issues/18 - but I haven't tested this myself.
- Building the CGNS export feature is now much easier, since the following issues have been fixed:It's just a matter of removing the hash-tag from the respective line in the file "src/engrid.pri": https://github.com/enGits/engrid/blo...src/engrid.pri