CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   EnSight (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ensight/)
-   -   CFD++ & Ensight (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ensight/89283-cfd-ensight.html)

eleazar June 8, 2011 16:13

CFD++ & Ensight
 
Hi

does anyone know if CFD++ can export to Ensight??

does Ensight imports directly files from CFD++ ?

Eezyville June 8, 2011 16:27

You can export to Ensight. Go Tools > Export > Convert to Ensight

cfd_newbie June 8, 2011 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleazar (Post 311133)
Hi

does anyone know if CFD++ can export to Ensight??

does Ensight imports directly files from CFD++ ?

No Ensight does not take CFD++ files directly.
There is a nice command line utility called "genplif" in CFD++ it will export your solution files in almost all major formats.
For ensight use "genplif ensightb"

eleazar June 9, 2011 00:59

and how can i run this?

i am having a transient analysis, shall i load the results on cfd++ or to visulizer?

cfd_newbie June 9, 2011 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleazar (Post 311170)
and how can i run this?

i am having a transient analysis, shall i load the results on cfd++ or to visulizer?

The post-processor of CFD++ - "Metavisualizer" is simple in terms of capability. Ensight is quite good. Depending on what you want to do you can choose between the 2.

eleazar June 9, 2011 01:45

OK, sohow can i export the data from my transient analysis to ensight?

i open the analysis in cfd++ and then ??? what shall i do ? how can i run the genplif ensightb

cfd_newbie June 9, 2011 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleazar (Post 311177)
OK, sohow can i export the data from my transient analysis to ensight?

i open the analysis in cfd++ and then ??? what shall i do ? how can i run the genplif ensightb

For transient data it was little extra, I think there were 1 or 2 more arguments that I had to give. It was along time ago I can't remember that.

If you have the valid CFD++ license, contact the metacomp support they will help you with this.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10.