CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FloEFD, FloWorks & FloTHERM (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/floefd-floworks-flotherm/)
-   -   Cosmosfloworks or fluent?? (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/floefd-floworks-flotherm/67835-cosmosfloworks-fluent.html)

hamedhpt August 27, 2009 16:54

Cosmosfloworks or fluent??
 
Hi. I'm a new user of cosmosfloworks.and I have few questions.
Can we compare cosmosfloworks results with fluent results?:confused:
Which is stronger?
Are cosmosfloworks results reliable?:confused:
Can someone compare a same cfd project in cosmosfloworks and fluent?:confused:
What are the diffrences?

murat October 3, 2009 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamedhpt (Post 227730)
Hi. I'm a new user of cosmosfloworks.and I have few questions.
Can we compare cosmosfloworks results with fluent results?:confused:
Which is stronger?
Are cosmosfloworks results reliable?:confused:
Can someone compare a same cfd project in cosmosfloworks and fluent?:confused:
What are the diffrences?

Firstly, CosmosFloWworks has only a turbulance model called k-epsilon but Fluent has many turbulence model as example LES, K-epsilon, k-omega etc

Turbulence model effects the solution always

For fluent you can generate the grid as O-grid,C-grid but you can not generate the grid with FloEFD as Fluent's these domains is important while solving an external analysis

So that, Fluent is more reliable code than FloEFD

hamedhpt October 3, 2009 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by murat (Post 231363)
Firstly, CosmosFloWworks has only a turbulance model called k-epsilon but Fluent has many turbulence model as example LES, K-epsilon, k-omega etc

Turbulence model effects the solution always

For fluent you can generate the grid as O-grid,C-grid but you can not generate the grid with FloEFD as Fluent's these domains is important while solving an external analysis

So that, Fluent is more reliable code than FloEFD

hi murat .
But in FloEFD it uses a model called I-L.Do you know what this model is? especially it is said that this model is independent from Y+ calculation:confused:.

YYY October 5, 2009 05:09

For common problems, I believe that these two softwares have not too much difference with results. But fluent has more functional ways to solve complicated fluid problems.

murat October 11, 2009 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamedhpt (Post 231387)
hi murat .
But in FloEFD it uses a model called I-L.Do you know what this model is? especially it is said that this model is independent from Y+ calculation:confused:.


I-L means that Turbulence Intensity and Length and if you want to declaration k-epsilon with I-L It is same

dik December 21, 2009 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYY (Post 231466)
For common problems, I believe that these two softwares have not too much difference with results. But fluent has more functional ways to solve complicated fluid problems.

i do agree with you. fluent give more function. FW give more ease and good integrated GUI with the preproc for geometrical operation. most advanced users uses fluent if i not mistaken. i use FW, though.

mbernard January 6, 2010 11:03

Flo-Fluent benchmark
 
Hi everyone.

I am currently using both softwares , so I can maybe give you some relevant information.

I tried the two softwares on a simple case of heat conduction in a extruded aluminium profile, with free convection around. The results of the two softwares were close to each other ( diffrence< 1C on maximal surface temperature). so I think tht in this particular case, the two softwares are relevant.

We tried also to compare the simulation results with physical meauserments on prototypes and both softwares were really near the physical measurement ( difference < 10%)

Now, if you are looking for more accurate models about combustion, mixng, chemicals, turbulence treatment, I also think that Fluent is better the Flo

Hope these few words will help you


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22.