|August 9, 2012, 12:54||
pressure iterations not converging
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13Rep Power: 6
Hello everyone, I am trying to model a reactor and I am having a few difficulties in doing so. The pressure iterations are not converging ( I tried setting max iterations to 5000, GMRES etc).
Are there any strategies to make it converge?
Thanks in advance,
|August 13, 2012, 18:10||
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 71Rep Power: 6
Well, there are a lot of things that you can try... Check the troubleshooting section of the manual for suggestions. My recommendations:
1. Check that the initial and boundary conditions are reasonable and match reality.
2. Check any STL files for problems
3. Check your mesh. Cell aspect ratios should be less than ~3:1; ideally closer to 1:1. The cell size should not change by more than a factor of two between multi-block meshes and the grid lines should align.
4. Check that epsi/epsadj are reasonable
5. Try adding some fluid compressibility (rcsql/rcsqv)
6. Reduce the time step size
7. Increase GMRES subspace size (mrstrt)
8. Try SOR with omega<1 and itmax ~5000
As a side note, using itmax=5000 with GMRES usually doesn't work well. If the problem doesn't converge with the default settings it is usually an indicator of some other problem.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|transsonic nozzle with rhoSimpleFoam||Unseen||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||7||April 16, 2014 03:38|
|Interfoam blows on parallel run||danvica||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||16||December 22, 2012 03:09|
|lift and drag on ship superstructures||vaina74||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||3||June 8, 2010 12:30|
|Differences between serial and parallel runs||carsten||OpenFOAM Bugs||11||September 12, 2008 11:16|
|Modeling in micron scale using icoFoam||m9819348||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||7||October 27, 2007 00:36|