CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLOW-3D

model condensation

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 6, 2009, 09:44
Default model condensation
  #1
New Member
 
liang liam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 7
club68512 is on a distinguished road
Hello .

First I must say sorry because my English is poor.

I want model condensation that I wanna tranfer steam(the temperature at 373.12K) to water .

Have anyone the same experience?

I tired many times ,but the density is abnormal

The steam's temperature can be down but the density did not increase!!

the result temperature http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1549088780&p=0
the initial density http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1549088781&p=1
the result density http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1549088782&p=2

If the steam's temperature down transfer to water ,the density(the steam's density is 0.59762) should be increase !!(The water's density is 958.37)

maybe I have wrong with the parameters.
my parameter http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1549088785&p=5
http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1549088786&p=6

maybe FLOW 3D can not condense?? transfer steam to water??
Is anybody know ??

please help me... thanks a lot !!
club68512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 29, 2009, 20:13
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
michael barkhudarov
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 9
MuxaB is on a distinguished road
Starting with version 9.3 of FLOW-3D, there is an Example problem in the directory $F3D_HOME\Examples\steam_air ($F3D_HOME is the FLOW-3D installation directory) which contains a typical input for a water-air-water vapor mixture, in which water is heated causing it to evaporate into the ullage initially filled with air and vapor. You can use this example to see what needs to be defined for a problem like that.

Michael
MuxaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 29, 2009, 20:20
Default
  #3
Senior Member
 
michael barkhudarov
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 9
MuxaB is on a distinguished road
It looks like you are using vapor properties for water, no? The basic properties of the fluid, such as density, must be those of the water.

Michael
MuxaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 30, 2009, 05:07
Default
  #4
New Member
 
liang liam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 7
club68512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@flow3d.com View Post
It looks like you are using vapor properties for water, no? The basic properties of the fluid, such as density, must be those of the water.

Michael
Thanks for your reply !!


I use two fluid ,fluid 1=water ,fluid 2=vapor
I want the phase change phenomenon(condensation) (form vapor to water)

I haved run the \Examples\steam_air,but the phenomenon like heated water ,not condensate .

I use vapor properties for vapor not water.

I think I set the flow 3D's model setup have wrong...
club68512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 2, 2009, 01:38
Default
  #5
Senior Member
 
michael barkhudarov
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 9
MuxaB is on a distinguished road
If you change the heat flux in the steam_air example from positive to negative, it should cause condensation. More importantly, this example contains all the properties and numerical and physical options.

If you are still puzzled, you can send your input to the technical support, if you license allows it.

Michael
MuxaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 3, 2009, 00:23
Default
  #6
New Member
 
liang liam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 7
club68512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@flow3d.com View Post
If you change the heat flux in the steam_air example from positive to negative, it should cause condensation. More importantly, this example contains all the properties and numerical and physical options.

If you are still puzzled, you can send your input to the technical support, if you license allows it.

Michael
thanks for your reply

I have a big puzzle about the Examples\steam_air's fluid 2 properties
Is the Examples\steam_air fluid 2 steam or air properties?

The fluid 2's density is 0.928 that seems not to be steam
Steam's density should be 0.5976(at 373.12K)
The fluid 2 is steam or air?? can you tell me ?
Because I want the phenomenon that from steam transfer to water .

Sorrry about my poor English...
club68512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 3, 2009, 03:08
Default
  #7
New Member
 
liang liam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 7
club68512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@flow3d.com View Post
If you change the heat flux in the steam_air example from positive to negative, it should cause condensation. More importantly, this example contains all the properties and numerical and physical options.

If you are still puzzled, you can send your input to the technical support, if you license allows it.

Michael
sorry~I forgot one thing.

Examples\steam_air ($F3D_HOME is the FLOW-3D installation directory) which contains a typical input for a water-air-water vapor mixture

Do you mean the air mix with vapor is fluid 2??
(The fluid 2's density is 0.928) if you know plaese tell me~ thanks !!

club68512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 3, 2009, 17:28
Default
  #8
Senior Member
 
michael barkhudarov
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 9
MuxaB is on a distinguished road
fluid #2 represents steam (or vapor). Its density defined in properties does not mean anything because the density is computed from the equation of state using initial pressure and temperature.
MuxaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 3, 2009, 17:31
Default
  #9
Senior Member
 
michael barkhudarov
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 9
MuxaB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by club68512 View Post
sorry~I forgot one thing.

Examples\steam_air ($F3D_HOME is the FLOW-3D installation directory) which contains a typical input for a water-air-water vapor mixture

Do you mean the air mix with vapor is fluid 2??
(The fluid 2's density is 0.928) if you know plaese tell me~ thanks !!
Yes the two-component gas mixture of air and vapor is fluid #2. The vapor density is computed from the initial pressure and temperature. The air density is computed from the initial volume fraction defined for the non-condensable gas component.

I it is confusing, I know. Let me know if it clears it.
MuxaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 4, 2009, 06:19
Default
  #10
New Member
 
liang liam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 7
club68512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@flow3d.com View Post
Yes the two-component gas mixture of air and vapor is fluid #2. The vapor density is computed from the initial pressure and temperature. The air density is computed from the initial volume fraction defined for the non-condensable gas component.

I it is confusing, I know. Let me know if it clears it.

thanks for your reply again!!

I have a problem in the flow 3D in the fluids of model setup.

The phase change item of fluids' setup that only have heated choice
(such as latent of vapor,vapor specific heat..) but don't have condensation(liguids) choice . Therefore I don't know where is the key about the condensation phase change(from vapor to water)...

Is any body know?
club68512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 5, 2009, 14:29
Default
  #11
Senior Member
 
michael barkhudarov
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Power: 9
MuxaB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by club68512 View Post
thanks for your reply again!!

I have a problem in the flow 3D in the fluids of model setup.

The phase change item of fluids' setup that only have heated choice
(such as latent of vapor,vapor specific heat..) but don't have condensation(liguids) choice . Therefore I don't know where is the key about the condensation phase change(from vapor to water)...

Is any body know?
The phase change properties apply to both condensation and evaporation; the direction of the process is not present in the properties in any way. For example, the latent heat is released during condensation and consumed during evaporation.
MuxaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   December 9, 2009, 09:09
Default
  #12
New Member
 
liang liam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 7
club68512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@flow3d.com View Post
The phase change properties apply to both condensation and evaporation; the direction of the process is not present in the properties in any way. For example, the latent heat is released during condensation and consumed during evaporation.

thanks for your reply!!!!

But I am still fail .
I just model a simple condenser that full of vapor .
I set the boundaries that only have a heat loss Wall(W=-100) at Zmax the others boundaries are symmetry.

results are density cannot increase to water.....
I try vary times that always fail...
club68512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
multiphaseInterFoam for RAS turbulence model chiven OpenFOAM Bugs 7 August 23, 2011 02:52
Reynolds Stress model in CFX vs Fluent Tim CFX 1 October 7, 2009 06:19
2 stage axial turbine model convergence issues sherifkadry CFX 2 September 7, 2009 20:51
multi fluid mixture model issue rystokes CFX 3 August 9, 2009 19:13
Droplet condensation model - What is it for? Piti CFX 0 February 25, 2009 13:29


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52.