CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLOW-3D (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flow-3d/)
-   -   forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flow-3d/82715-forrtl-severe-174-sigsegv-segmentation-fault-occurred.html)

therockyy December 3, 2010 08:23

forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
 
Dear all,

Has anybody encountered this problem before? The entire message is :

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
restart and spatial data available at t= 0.00000E+00
***
t cycle iter dtstbl/code delt vl epsi cpu clock
--- ----- ---- ----------- ---- -- ---- --- -----
0.00E+00 0 0 3.89E-04/st 3.89E-04 4.63E-10 -1.0E+00 1.3E+01 11:37:24
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image PC Routine Line Source
libpthread.so.0 000000307790C420 Unknown Unknown Unknown
hydr3d 00000000008D5947 Unknown Unknown Unknown
libguide.so 0000002A955BFD33 Unknown Unknown Unknown
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image PC Routine Line Source
libpthread.so.0 000000307790C420 Unknown Unknown Unknown
libpthread.so.0 000000307790C2BE Unknown Unknown Unknown
libguide.so 0000002A955C1941 Unknown Unknown Unknown
Abnormal exit from solver.




I've totally lost this time. It seems the error is related to some codes or the pressure boundary settings. Does someone know how to fix it?


Many thanks!


Yang

NewKid December 24, 2010 22:06

Have you figured this out?
I have encountered the almost same question.

therockyy January 14, 2011 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewKid (Post 288408)
Have you figured this out?
I have encountered the almost same question.

Actually, I haven't. But if you change the value of the pressure boundary, it could be fixed sometime. Good luck!

Yang

MuxaB January 17, 2011 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by therockyy (Post 290407)
Actually, I haven't. But if you change the value of the pressure boundary, it could be fixed sometime. Good luck!

Yang

What version of FLOW-3D are you running?

therockyy January 17, 2011 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuxaB (Post 290664)
What version of FLOW-3D are you running?

I just checked that. I'm using version 9.4 64-lnx 2009.

MuxaB January 19, 2011 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by therockyy (Post 290729)
I just checked that. I'm using version 9.4 64-lnx 2009.

There have been two updates since then. The latest is 9.4.2. Can you try it?

therockyy January 19, 2011 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuxaB (Post 291077)
There have been two updates since then. The latest is 9.4.2. Can you try it?


Thank you very much for all your replies. I'll ask our administrator update the software. By the way, is there main changes between V9.4 and V9.4.2?

MuxaB January 19, 2011 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by therockyy (Post 291107)
Thank you very much for all your replies. I'll ask our administrator update the software. By the way, is there main changes between V9.4 and V9.4.2?

The list of fixes comes with the update from the user site.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20.