CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Fluent Multiphase (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent-multiphase/)
-   -   Free surface flow in Ansys Fluent (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent-multiphase/118755-free-surface-flow-ansys-fluent.html)

Tanjina June 3, 2013 16:05

Free surface flow in Ansys Fluent

HI all,

Can anyone tell me from where I can find some tutorials about free surface flow /2 phase flow(water-air) done by Ansys Fluent v14.0 ? Thanks in advance.

mjgraf June 3, 2013 22:15

for CFX this is in the Tutorial documentation.
Fluent has something similar....

User's Guide, 26.3.2 Modeling Open Channel Flows

took about 15 seconds in the Help system. If you need more, Ansys support does pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjina (Post 431763)
HI all,

Can anyone tell me from where I can find some tutorials about free surface flow /2 phase flow(water-air) done by Ansys Fluent v14.0 ? Thanks in advance.

Tanjina June 3, 2013 22:38

Hello. Thanks for your help. Did you mean " Free surface flow over a bump"( tutorial 9) in CFX? because I couldn't find any 26.3 unfortunately :(. Would you be please more specific about the path? I am really sorry for inconvenience.

mjgraf June 4, 2013 06:46

Open Ansys 14.0 Help
Search Tab
Check :: Only Search Selected Books
Select Fluent
search string :: "free surface"
keep the quotes!
Click Search

first hit should be 26.3.2
If not, the information is there, in the help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjina (Post 431787)
Hello. Thanks for your help. Did you mean " Free surface flow over a bump"( tutorial 9) in CFX? because I couldn't find any 26.3 unfortunately :(. Would you be please more specific about the path? I am really sorry for inconvenience.

Tanjina June 4, 2013 09:47

Thanks!!! Found it Finally...... I will try to do this :)..Thanks again. Hopefully this will help.

Soumyabrata June 22, 2013 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgraf (Post 431875)
Open Ansys 14.0 Help
Search Tab
Check :: Only Search Selected Books
Select Fluent
search string :: "free surface"
keep the quotes!
Click Search

first hit should be 26.3.2
If not, the information is there, in the help.

thnx a lot :)

Volumeoffluid November 6, 2013 13:03

hi,
i have the same problem...so did you use different meshes??(one mesh for water, one for air)...because with the same mesh, fluent cannot recognize the two phases.

Tanjina November 6, 2013 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volumeoffluid (Post 460875)
hi,
i have the same problem...so did you use different meshes??(one mesh for water, one for air)...because with the same mesh, fluent cannot recognize the two phases.

Hi Volumeoffluid,

I am not clear about your problem. Finally, I didn't work with Open channel flow, but with pipe flow. And it was 2 phase flow. So I hope I may be able to help you a bit if I know the problem of yours.

Regards,
Tanjina

Volumeoffluid November 6, 2013 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjina (Post 460876)
Hi Volumeoffluid,

I am not clear about your problem. Finally, I didn't work with Open channel flow, but with pipe flow. And it was 2 phase flow. So I hope I may be able to help you a bit if I know the problem of yours.

Regards,
Tanjina

thank you Tanjina! So it will be easy if i had your email. I would tell exactly my case.
My email is jimromanas@hotmail.com

Volumeoffluid November 6, 2013 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjina (Post 460876)
Hi Volumeoffluid,

Regards,
Tanjina

Also you can check my previous thread:
http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flu...tml#post460844

Volumeoffluid November 11, 2013 11:47

1 Attachment(s)
This is my problem
I want air in bubble and water to the the other surface, but with VOF model
cannot understand the the line between air-water

anesmath April 16, 2014 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjina (Post 431763)
HI all,

I have an open channel flow and I fractionale the inlet surface to be able to to introduce the air and the water. I use the VOF model but in results, I have a problem in density! The Fluent make it all as water or air and not both! Can you hekp me please? Even with tutorials! Thanks a lot