CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent-udf/)
-   -   UDF for Transient analysis of a VAWT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent-udf/112989-udf-transient-analysis-vawt.html)

fkanyako February 9, 2013 06:41

UDF for Transient analysis of a VAWT
 
Hi All,
I' working on vertical axis wind turbine;Using the sliding method. am trying to write a UDF in order to :
1. get the time average torque, that FLUENT can't give you.
2. get the angle of attack as a function of blade azimuthal position and time for every 4 degree of rotation. I greatly appreciate your contribution

Can everybody help me?
Thanks.

CFDiran February 10, 2013 06:20

Hi fkanyako
I had this problem before,
you should write UDF for saving the Forces acting on every blade (in text file) in each Time Step.
you can use the Compute_Force_And_Moment macro for calculating the Force and Moment in every time step.

fkanyako March 12, 2013 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFDiran (Post 406943)
Hi fkanyako
I had this problem before,
you should write UDF for saving the Forces acting on every blade (in text file) in each Time Step.
you can use the Compute_Force_And_Moment macro for calculating the Force and Moment in every time step.

Thank you very much CFDiran, I have just started learning UDF, I will get back to you if I need any help. Please my email is pujehun@live.com, you can send me a message if you don't want your email public. I really need your guidance. :)

billwangard March 12, 2013 13:24

I have a UDF which computes the forces and moments and can dump the output to a file.

fkanyako March 12, 2013 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwangard (Post 413501)
I have a UDF which computes the forces and moments and can dump the output to a file.

Thanks Bill
Do you mind posting it or email me at pujehun@live.com

samcfd April 19, 2013 00:21

Udf
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkanyako (Post 413525)
Thanks Bill
Do you mind posting it or email me at pujehun@live.com

Hi need a UDF for the same. Can u share it with me pls...

Thanks
sam.

fkanyako October 1, 2013 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcfd (Post 421660)
Hi need a UDF for the same. Can u share it with me pls...

Thanks
sam.

I never got the UDF file.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28.