Home > Forums > Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming

UDF: How to load data from an external file into a vector

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 16, 2016, 07:18
Default UDF: How to load data from an external file into a vector

EmiS is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I would like to impose inlet velocity values for unsteady flow by a udf. I have 2 files, one containing a single column of time values, and the other containing a column of corresponding velocity values (let's assume that at given time, velocity is uniform across the inlet surface).

I managed to make this work by creating two large arrays with time and velocity values hard-coded directly in the udf source code. Now I'm trying to have the data read from an external file, and I'm stuck. Ideally, I would like to read the values only once at startup, and then keep them in memory. Can this be done?
I'm trying to use the macro DEFINE_EXECUTE_ON_LOADING(name, libname), but unfortunately I have no idea what 'libname' should be.
I aslo thought about using a macro DEFINE_RW_FILE (from UDF docuemntation) but I don't manage to store the data from my external file into a vector "visible" for all the other macros of the UDF (especially the DEFINE_PROFILE)

I pasted a piece of my UDF, which returns to me that the "symbol velocityExp is not defined".

On a more general note, does Fluent and the UDF system support linking to external libraries? Suppose I have my own code written in C/C++ which is fairly large and does some complex computation to obtain boundary values. Is there a way of compiling this separately and then linking it to udf which would only call one high-level function (something like (get_my_bc(time, x, y, z) ....)?

Any working example code to load files on startup would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Emilie

/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* UDF code - Exctract */
/* */
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

extern real velocityExp[90];

void read_data_velocity(FILE *ptr_velfile)
{
int i;

ptr_velfile = fopen("ExpData.txt", "r");
printf(":%s:\n", "Read input file for Velocity!");

for (i=0;i<90;i++)
{
fscanf (ptr_velfile, "%lf", &velocityExp[i]);
}

fclose(ptr_velfile);
printf ( "%lu\n", sizeof velocityExp );
printf(":%s:\n", "Close input file for Velocity!");
}

DEFINE_RW_FILE(reader_velocity, ptr_velfile)
{

Message0("Reading UDF data from data file...\n");

read_data_velocity(ptr_velfile);

host_to_node_real(velocityExp, 90);
}

EmiS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boundary condition u, global vector, load text file, udf