CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent-udf/)
-   -   udf compiling error concerning 'nmake' (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent-udf/49222-udf-compiling-error-concerning-nmake.html)

Violet September 9, 2008 17:56

udf compiling error concerning 'nmake'

Hi Guys, I am going through one of Fluent's tutorials and there is UDF that I need to compile. Every time that I try to compile the C program using Fluent (exactly as described in the tutorial), I got the error message that "'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Since this is a udf written by Fluent people, it should be error-free so I wonder if there is something else that is wrong. Thanks a lot.

selvag September 10, 2008 07:25

Re: udf compiling error concerning 'nmake'

hi, you need to install VC++ in your system to avoid this 'nmake' error while compiling.

Violet September 10, 2008 09:51

Thanks so much. That's what I kind of remembered too because I used it four years ago.

Best.

Violet September 10, 2008 15:14

I've had VC++ installed on my windows and it still gives the same 'nmake' error. On the other hand, I tried to start Fluent from the VC++ command prompt and now the 'nmake' error is gone. However, it starts to give error message like this:

c:\fluent.inc\fluent6.3.26\src\config.h(119) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before ':'

c:\fluent.inc\fluent6.3.26\src\config.h(119) : error C2059: syntax error : ':'

c:\fluent.inc\fluent6.3.26\cortex\src\dll.h(58) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'CX_DLL_GetProc'

c:\fluent.inc\fluent6.3.26\cortex\src\dll.h(58) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

c:\fluent.inc\fluent6.3.26\cortex\src\dll.h(58) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'.

I guess this is some kind of DLL error and I am not sure how to resolve this either.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel Tanner September 11, 2008 07:33

Violet, I had the same issue.

I used the "Visual Studio Command Prompt" as you have and received the same error. As I am using a 64-bit system I found that you need to used the 64-bit version not the standard i.e. for me I use "Visual studio 2008 x64 Win64 Command Prompt".

Also make sure you launch fluent from the directory containing the C files!

Hope this helps!

Violet September 11, 2008 10:59

Thank Daniel for your response. I am also using a 64bit intel machine and I have VC++ 2005 on my computer. I started Fluent form a SDK v2.0(64bit) console and now it works. Though there are some warnings there.

dunga82 October 23, 2012 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet
;153348
Thank Daniel for your response. I am also using a 64bit intel machine and I have VC++ 2005 on my computer. I started Fluent form a SDK v2.0(64bit) console and now it works. Though there are some warnings there.

I am sorry that I don't know how to start fluent form a SDK v2.0(x 64) console?
Could you please help me .
thanks.