CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Spray modeling with Fluent (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/100489-spray-modeling-fluent.html)

ulalala April 26, 2012 01:05

Spray modeling with Fluent
 
HI,


I am trying to do a spray simulation for the first time with Fluent. I have applied all the DPM setting and defined injection parameters.
But when the run starts, it is not able to retain any of the spray particles.

Can anyone please suggest what am I missing here.

Thanks

nayn April 26, 2012 09:48

It is hard to say. I had the same problem before. Maybe the boundary condition--DPM and maybe something else.

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 05:16

Hi...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulalala (Post 357094)
HI,


I am trying to do a spray simulation for the first time with Fluent. I have applied all the DPM setting and defined injection parameters.
But when the run starts, it is not able to retain any of the spray particles.

Can anyone please suggest what am I missing here.

Thanks

Did you sucessfully model it in Fluent??

diamondx March 18, 2013 10:52

if you are using unsteady injection, there is a start time and stop time. if you stop time is zero, it will stop injection right away. make sure your stop time is 1e99

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 11:09

Thank You
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondx (Post 414701)
if you are using unsteady injection, there is a start time and stop time. if you stop time is zero, it will stop injection right away. make sure your stop time is 1e99

Thank You very much sir... I had the difficulty in recognizing the stop time. You precisely figured out my problem... Hats off!!

Can you please share your simulation parameters/step or some tutorial which is simple to understand...

Thanks a ton again.

Adarsh.

oj.bulmer March 18, 2013 11:13

Did you mean 10e99? 1e99 is same as 1.
Also, is this true for CFX as well?

OJ

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by oj.bulmer (Post 414712)
Did you mean 10e99? 1e99 is same as 1.
Also, is this true for CFX as well?

OJ

1e99 = 1*10^99

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdarshGouda (Post 414714)
1e99 = 1*10^99

Sir are you too working on spray modelling?

diamondx March 18, 2013 11:28

by that i meant a very big time, so injection can never stops. yes i do some injections too in fluent, but not really a master in this field...

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 11:34

I'm trying to simulate mist/spray cooling on a heated surface... and spray is totally new to me... went thru few tutorials in fluent all seem very complicated and irrelevant to my simulation... Can you please provide is with a simple tutorial or reference just to simulate a simple spray first... I know to inject bubble in a liquid flow as i have worked bubbly flow... but no idea about spray... please helppp!!

oj.bulmer March 18, 2013 11:39

Haha, sorry about that. Been a long day at work it seems for me!

Cheers
OJ

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 11:45

Happens!! We all loose it once in a while... :)

But please share some information with me regarding this if u have any. It would be of great help to me... I'm struggling a lot with this... :confused:

oj.bulmer March 18, 2013 12:40

Why not start with tutorial "Evaporating Spray Injection?" You can pick up the pieces from its instructions and create a spray in a simple geometry, say pipe, without modelling any other physics in that tutorial. Try this first to simulate sensible spray and then you can incorporate this into your model.

It is wise to go one step at a time, as you are going.

OJ

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by oj.bulmer (Post 414740)
Why not start with tutorial "Evaporating Spray Injection?" You can pick up the pieces from its instructions and create a spray in a simple geometry, say pipe, without modelling any other physics in that tutorial. Try this first to simulate sensible spray and then you can incorporate this into your model.

It is wise to go one step at a time, as you are going.

OJ

Yess Sir, I saw that tutorial. There are too many domains in that tutorial.. So i dont know which parameters to consider and which to neglect... I guess i have to start studying automizers to understand the functioning of it and then see the tutorial and then model a simple based on that... Should take some time for me... :(

diamondx March 18, 2013 12:55

try this http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~ewebhk/bu...s/tutor910.pdf

AdarshGouda March 18, 2013 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondx (Post 414745)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you....

Just the thing i was hoping for.. Made my day!! God!!! Thanks a tonnnnnnnnn....

muz_cfd July 2, 2013 08:36

The link is dead....:( send it again.

onlylno July 21, 2013 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdarshGouda (Post 414747)
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you....

Just the thing i was hoping for.. Made my day!! God!!! Thanks a tonnnnnnnnn....

can you send me this documents? yujiehust@hotmail.com
Thank you!

MAC88 November 26, 2013 04:53

I need this document too.
can you please send this on
m.chishty@student.unsw.edu.au

Thank you.

Vidyanand Kesti November 26, 2013 08:42

please sen me too
vidyanand.kesti@mann-hummel.com


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:12.