|June 9, 2012, 07:17||
help: wave making resistance on submerged sphere
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 60Rep Power: 4
I'm trying to simulate a 3D free surface flow around a sphere. because its first time that i work on free surface problem in fluent or any other cfd programs, please help me about that problem!
these are my questions:
1. what's the domain(height,weight,width as a function of sphere diameter) in this case
2. Boundary conditions of domain
3. turbulence properties
4. in which reynolds number we have to use turbulent and which one we have to use laminar?
5. steady or unsteady? implicit or explicit
6. some paper and articles about this problem to validate the result like Cd, wave making resistance and some other data.
i'm in force, please help me as soon as you can my friends.
thanks for your attentions and sorry for my bad English.
Last edited by amin66; June 13, 2012 at 07:35.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|wave making resistance||leviathan||CFX||12||March 27, 2012 12:39|
|catamaran wave making resistance||leviathan||Main CFD Forum||0||September 9, 2011 22:44|
|DecomposePar links against liblamso0 with OpenMPI||jens_klostermann||OpenFOAM Bugs||11||June 28, 2007 17:51|
|Ship Wave Making Resistance||Yasser||CFX||7||April 24, 2006 14:56|
|meshing F1 front wing||Steve||FLUENT||0||April 17, 2003 12:37|