CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

how to give a temperature condition for a domain?

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 13, 2012, 08:21
Default how to give a temperature condition for a domain?

arun_thakur is on a distinguished road
hi,
i am using fluent for a scenario in which air is coming inside the room at a certain temperature and the air inside i want to keep at certain temperature. Purpose is to see the mixing behaviour of air.
but problem is how to give the temperature to the air inside the room.

it may be very silly question. But to be honest i need help on this.

rgds.
arun_thakur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 13, 2012, 10:57

Robert
Kwiaci is on a distinguished road
You need to create a separate volume for the air in the room, at the boundary of fluid use internal boundary, patch temperature inside the room and choose one of the multiphase models.
Kwiaci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   June 30, 2012, 01:52

vignesh kumar
vigneshkumar_t is on a distinguished road
Which multi phase option will be better since same air will be for both the domain?
vigneshkumar_t is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 2, 2012, 08:22

making separate volume is not so easy task for every different encountering problems..and how we can use multiphase when we are taking about same air only difference is temperature...??

Old   July 2, 2012, 11:57

robboflea is on a distinguished road
Sorry but I'm missing something. You have a volume (say a room) with air at a certain temperature and a current of air (at a different temperature) coming from a inlet in the room walls. Am I right?
In this case you don't have constant temperature in the room. If you're mixing two air streams at a different temperature you'll never have constant temperature.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_thakur View Post
making separate volume is not so easy task for every different encountering problems..and how we can use multiphase when we are taking about same air only difference is temperature...??
robboflea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 3, 2012, 03:02

Alex
flotus1 will become famous soon enoughflotus1 will become famous soon enough
What is the point of a multi-phase computation in this case?

Just set the initial temperature of the fluid inside your room to the desired temperature.

At the inlet, set the temperature of the fluid entering your room. now all you need is an outlet and a transient simulation and you are good to go.

Keeping the temperature in the room at a constant temperature all the time would be possible ("Cell Zone Conditions" -> "edit" -> check "fixed values" ->"fixed values" tab -> specify temperature; or via UDF). But if I am not missing something essential here, you would not see any mixing of temperatures since the temperature will be constant throughout the domain.
flotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 5, 2012, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robboflea View Post
Sorry but I'm missing something. You have a volume (say a room) with air at a certain temperature and a current of air (at a different temperature) coming from a inlet in the room walls. Am I right?
In this case you don't have constant temperature in the room. If you're mixing two air streams at a different temperature you'll never have constant temperature.

Rob
you are absloute right it could not be constant temperature.It needs a transient case but problem is have tried every thing but results are not coming in favour.

how u define the problem is absolutely right.I have to see the mixing of outside air with the insider air of room.But its not giving the exepcting results. Even in transient its showing all the room temperatrue equal to entering air temp at just start. which could not be possible. in actual walls are insulated too to keep the difference of 10 deg to outside.

either i have to run it pressure based or density based.

i have no clue where i'm making a mistake.

Old   July 5, 2012, 05:45

Alex
flotus1 will become famous soon enoughflotus1 will become famous soon enough
Would you like to show us the computational domain and the boundary conditions of your setup?
flotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 31, 2012, 03:30

sorry for replying so late. I found out the solution for my problem.

it should be run as a transient and initialization condition should not be the default temp calculated by fluent but here need to put as temerature of air entering inside the room.