CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Need Help in simulating shell and tube heat exchnger (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/106129-need-help-simulating-shell-tube-heat-exchnger.html)

ehsanakrami August 20, 2012 07:47

Need Help in simulating shell and tube heat exchnger
 
hi guys . i was simulate a shell and tube heat exchanger . i want calculate reynolds number and heat transfer coefficient(h) , and nusslet number . does Fluent calculate this items directly ? is cell reynolds numb same as reynold number in shell side ?
tnx

syavash August 24, 2012 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehsanakrami (Post 377770)
hi guys . i was simulate a shell and tube heat exchanger . i want calculate reynolds number and heat transfer coefficient(h) , and nusslet number . does Fluent calculate this items directly ? is cell reynolds numb same as reynold number in shell side ?
tnx


Hi,
Actually Fluent can not calculate these values directly. You should consider some reference parameters in order to get in range results.
Cell Reynolds number is obtained based on Cell mean length and it is not Reynolds number in your case. You need an appropriate reference length for calculating Reynolds number e.g. tube diameter.
Good luck.

ehsanakrami August 24, 2012 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by syavash (Post 378474)
Hi,
Actually Fluent can not calculate these values directly. You should consider some reference parameters in order to get in range results.
Cell Reynolds number is obtained based on Cell mean length and it is not Reynolds number in your case. You need an appropriate reference length for calculating Reynolds number e.g. tube diameter.
Good luck.

as you now in shell of heat exchanger th diameter is variable and its not a constant value .

syavash August 24, 2012 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehsanakrami (Post 378475)
as you now in shell of heat exchanger th diameter is variable and its not a constant value .


well, I can't exactly understand what you mean. As I know in shell tube H.E. shell diameter is quite a constant value. I think Inlet air Reynolds number is mostly interested and then you should consider air inlet diameter as reference length for computing Reynolds number.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:48.