CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Velocity inlet zone conditions (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/107266-velocity-inlet-zone-conditions.html)

rkmittal1108@gmail.com September 22, 2012 03:41

Velocity inlet zone conditions
 
Hi guys,
i would be very thankful to all if anyone is there to tell what can the velocity inlet zone conditions be given for multiphase liquids (i.e. open channel flow) and in which option in fluent ???

Please also tell about how we can do animations for a fluid flow in Graphics and Animations option????

mashiro September 24, 2012 03:54

First question I dont know
But animation in Fluent, you can see video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zog5WqVmuns

syavash September 24, 2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmittal1108@gmail.com (Post 383066)
Hi guys,
i would be very thankful to all if anyone is there to tell what can the velocity inlet zone conditions be given for multiphase liquids (i.e. open channel flow) and in which option in fluent ???

Please also tell about how we can do animations for a fluid flow in Graphics and Animations option????

I can't exactly understand your firs question, so please try to simplify it.

shk12345 September 25, 2012 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmittal1108@gmail.com (Post 383066)
Hi guys,
i would be very thankful to all if anyone is there to tell what can the velocity inlet zone conditions be given for multiphase liquids (i.e. open channel flow) and in which option in fluent ???

Please also tell about how we can do animations for a fluid flow in Graphics and Animations option????

Yes
just chose multiphase model. and then provide the volume fraction of the secondary phase.
The BC is independent of the flow regieme and it works for all multiphase flows.
So u can do it
Animation files i have posted about that several times.
Check previous posts.

shk

rkmittal1108@gmail.com September 29, 2012 03:23

Dear all,
the problem is that i have an open channel of rectangular cross section and is axis has some inclination downwards. I have done its design modelling as well as meshing. I have the inlet velocity and pressure outlet. I don't know what the zone conditions should be given to this open channel? I am at zero level in giving the zone conditions. Kindly help me.
I will be highly obliged to all for your help.

prishor September 29, 2012 04:49

hi,
i am doing fluent simulation for multiphase flow in fluidized bed reactor. the iteration is going on. but some message is showing in between the iterations like "reversed flow in 28 faces on outflow 6" and "reversed flow in 24 faces on outflow 6". what is the meaning of this message..can anyone help me ?

syavash September 29, 2012 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmittal1108@gmail.com (Post 384159)
Dear all,
the problem is that i have an open channel of rectangular cross section and is axis has some inclination downwards. I have done its design modelling as well as meshing. I have the inlet velocity and pressure outlet. I don't know what the zone conditions should be given to this open channel? I am at zero level in giving the zone conditions. Kindly help me.
I will be highly obliged to all for your help.

I think that you mean Boundary condition by "Zone condition". OK, as you said you have defined Velocity Inlet as inlet, So you need to input a velocity vector. You mentioned that there is some inclination therefor you have to consider a unit direction vector plus a magnitude for defining velocity.
For Pressure outlet you need not any thing to specify and let it be!
Let us know how it goes on!! Also you'd better to take a look at Fluent tutorial. It has some very good examples.
Bests.

syavash September 29, 2012 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by prishor (Post 384166)
hi,
i am doing fluent simulation for multiphase flow in fluidized bed reactor. the iteration is going on. but some message is showing in between the iterations like "reversed flow in 28 faces on outflow 6" and "reversed flow in 24 faces on outflow 6". what is the meaning of this message..can anyone help me ?

Outflow is common in solving internal flow. There is no problem if numbers of faces having reversed flow are limited in comparison with entire outflow boundary. But it may cause convergence instability if there are too many faces that have reversed flow.
Bests.

kumari.rayana February 27, 2013 15:19

hii!!
Can someone help me the velocity inlet conditions... I have patched the voleme fraction of water to the bottom register but cannot get the flow to converge... i guess some problem with the BC. Please help. I have velocity inlet and pressure outlet . i have kept the top surface as velocity inlet.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:56.