CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

Two fluids in two different volumes

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   October 18, 2012, 21:30
Lightbulb Two fluids in two different volumes
  #1
New Member
 
Ņandopi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ņapi is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone

Iīm simulating a solar receptor where i need to remove the heat from the receptor with the help of a heat exchanger, in the receptor domain i use air as a fluid, but in the heat exchanger domain i need to use water to remove the heat and then quantify it, but the issue is that i canīt work with these two different fluids (and properties) at the same time, how can i do that?


Thanks in advance.
ņapi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2012, 10:26
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Syavash
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tehran, Karaj
Posts: 201
Rep Power: 8
syavash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ņapi View Post
Hi everyone

Iīm simulating a solar receptor where i need to remove the heat from the receptor with the help of a heat exchanger, in the receptor domain i use air as a fluid, but in the heat exchanger domain i need to use water to remove the heat and then quantify it, but the issue is that i canīt work with these two different fluids (and properties) at the same time, how can i do that?


Thanks in advance.
You should define two zones, one for air and one for water and specify properties to each one.
syavash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2012, 13:21
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Ņandopi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ņapi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by syavash View Post
You should define two zones, one for air and one for water and specify properties to each one.
Sure, i understand that, in gambit i already define both zones, but when i try to specify the different fluids properties for each itīs not possible, both zones works with the same fluid and i need air in one zone with polynomial properties and constant properties of water for the other zone.
ņapi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2012, 15:34
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Syavash
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tehran, Karaj
Posts: 201
Rep Power: 8
syavash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ņapi View Post
Sure, i understand that, in gambit i already define both zones, but when i try to specify the different fluids properties for each itīs not possible, both zones works with the same fluid and i need air in one zone with polynomial properties and constant properties of water for the other zone.
Is water included in material panel?!
syavash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 19, 2012, 15:53
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Ņandopi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 4
ņapi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by syavash View Post
Is water included in material panel?!
yes, itīs included, but, if i change it to water, it change it to all the domain, and donīt just to the heat exchanger domain. I need to separate both fluids (water and air). Itīs seem strange to me, because when i do the geometry and mesh in gambit, i declare both fluids as separated.
ņapi is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GAMBIT] Creating Separate Mesh for touching volumes damute ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 9 February 25, 2012 15:32
Problem with Volumes Gambit Danath ANSYS 1 October 19, 2011 08:20
[GAMBIT] Connecting volumes makaero ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 4 April 15, 2010 19:18
negative grid volumes when adapting Dave FLUENT 1 August 20, 2005 13:47
union of volumes CHUBBY FLUENT 2 May 4, 2001 06:31


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:26.