CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

help meeeee about heat pipe

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Marion
  • 2 Post By Marion
  • 1 Post By misagh
  • 1 Post By Marion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 6, 2012, 20:08
Default help meeeee about heat pipe
  #1
New Member
 
milad norouzi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: iran
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
maxy is on a distinguished road
How can a heat pipe in gambit model?

Whether it is possible or should be done programming?


maxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 06:06
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Marion
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: France
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 6
Marion is on a distinguished road
Hi maxy,

I do not understand your question - could you pleeeeeeeeeease elaborate?

You are in the Fluent part of the forum, if you want to ask about Gambit you should post in the appropriate section.

Marion.
RodriguezFatz and maxy like this.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 07:09
Default
  #3
New Member
 
milad norouzi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: iran
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
maxy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Hi maxy,

I do not understand your question - could you pleeeeeeeeeease elaborate?

You are in the Fluent part of the forum, if you want to ask about Gambit you should post in the appropriate section.

Marion.
hi

tanx for answer.

obvious I mean.

i Want model heat pipe (Shape above).i want make model by gambit.

Is that possible?
maxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 08:56
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Marion
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: France
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 6
Marion is on a distinguished road
Yes it is possible to create the meshing in Gambit.
ghost82 and maxy like this.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 10:43
Default
  #5
New Member
 
milad norouzi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: iran
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
maxy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Yes it is possible to create the meshing in Gambit.
how?

because is difficult.

can you create?
maxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 11:20
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
Marion
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: France
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 6
Marion is on a distinguished road
Maybe I haven't understood your problem, but the geometry looks fairly simple to me.
Only pipes, you may even do that in 2D-axi.
Have you ever used Gambit?
But no, I won't create it for you if that's what you are asking.

[do you know the chinese saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."? ]

Marion.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 14:11
Default
  #7
New Member
 
milad norouzi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: iran
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
maxy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Maybe I haven't understood your problem, but the geometry looks fairly simple to me.
Only pipes, you may even do that in 2D-axi.
Have you ever used Gambit?
But no, I won't create it for you if that's what you are asking.

[do you know the chinese saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."? ]

Marion.
i work with gambit and fluent.

i am asking but i don't say create for me.

my Request is Guidance for Performance that project.

Also,My English is not good but I understand what you say to me.
maxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 7, 2012, 14:43
Default
  #8
Member
 
misagh
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 5
misagh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
How can a heat pipe in gambit model?

Whether it is possible or should be done programming?


hi
yes it is possible.doesnt seem to be hard.you can model it in 2D or 3D but 2D is easier and th equations can be solved and converged faster in Fluent than 3D since less meshes are required in 2D.
GOOD LUCK
maxy likes this.
misagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 8, 2012, 02:50
Default
  #9
Senior Member
 
Marion
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: France
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 6
Marion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
i work with gambit and fluent.

i am asking but i don't say create for me.

my Request is Guidance for Performance that project.

Also,My English is not good but I understand what you say to me.

OK, sorry for misunderstanding your request.

I would model it using 2D-axisymmetric (you model only a slice of the system), don't forget that the Axis should be the X axis and that you have to put your mesh in the X-Y plane (Y>0).

You can mesh the solid parts with gambit, and then define them as solid in Fluent.
then for the multiple inlets and outlets it is also possible to define that in gambit/fluent.

Marion.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 8, 2012, 02:55
Default example
  #10
Senior Member
 
Marion
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: France
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 6
Marion is on a distinguished road
maxy,

Here is a quick example in Gambit - I used ramdom dimensions, but for me in 2D it's only rectangles.

You have to define the edge on the X axis as "axis".

Hope this helps,

Marion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (87.2 KB, 15 views)
maxy likes this.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 8, 2012, 04:51
Default
  #11
New Member
 
milad norouzi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: iran
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 4
maxy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
maxy,

Here is a quick example in Gambit - I used ramdom dimensions, but for me in 2D it's only rectangles.

You have to define the edge on the X axis as "axis".

Hope this helps,

Marion.
You said that this example is very basic.

Look into the tube?

1. Has two phases.
2. A wick between steam and water are thrilled. Kind of metal
3. Heating tube is first.
4. Was cooling in the end.

Can you explain more?
maxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 8, 2012, 05:14
Default
  #12
Senior Member
 
Marion
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: France
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 6
Marion is on a distinguished road
I replied to you regarding the meshing part of your project (modelling this in Gambit) - it is possible, and quite easy.
For the setup in Fluent, well I am not a Heat pipe expert and I'm afraid I cannot help you further.
Marion.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FEA Simulation of heat pipe bensonnggl ANSYS 0 September 25, 2010 00:59
heat transfer in an nonadiabatic pipe with reaction ps_sameer Main CFD Forum 1 July 12, 2010 20:20
Flow around pipes - heat transfer coefficient on the wall of pipe doodek Main CFD Forum 2 November 23, 2009 09:48
heat transfer through fluids in a pipe in pipe madasu FLUENT 1 July 15, 2002 10:14
Ho Could I define the Heat transfer in pipe Seif FLUENT 3 June 3, 2002 12:23


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41.