falling droplet deforms unusually- Multiphase
I have been trying to simulated water droplet falling on a surface. I got some results. But the deformation while the droplet falls is unusual. I am giving links to three videos for three cases I considered
1. VOF+Level Set - with surface tension - with wall adhession (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VkHX9UYeE)
2. VOF+Level Set - with Surface Tension - no wall Adhession (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UVQ-AM-vkY)
3. VOF (no Level Set) - without surface tension - no wall adhession (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVbNEHD6zE)
For the first two cases,
The BC's are: "top wall = pressure inlet" and "side walls = pressure outlet" and "bottom wall = wall".
Volume fraction parameter: implicit
Implicit Body Force Formulation: No
Pressure-Velocity Coupling: Coupled (with volume fraction)
Pressure: Body force weighted
Volume Fraction: QUICK
Level Set: QUICK
For the third case,
The BC's are: "top wall = pressure inlet" and "side walls = wall" and "bottom wall = wall".
Volume fraction parameter: Explicit
Implicit Body Force Formulation: Yes
Pressure-Velocity Coupling: Coupled
Volume Fraction: Geo-Reconstruct
Can anyone help me regarding regarding my queries? They are,
1. How can I assign initial velocity for the droplet?
2. How can I get more realistic deformation?
3. How can I apply wetted / non-wetted surface condition?
4. How do I implement dynamic contact angle?
Thank you very much
Can anyone help me with answers?
I am also working on similar Project on wetting Dynamics of a droplet. Can you send me your files, so that I can recommend something email@example.com
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:25.|