CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   fluent boundary conditions (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/113615-fluent-boundary-conditions.html)

Arun3012 February 23, 2013 03:39

fluent boundary conditions
 
im new to fluent software. im dng a project in casting solidification by normal air cooling. i designed and meshed n icem cfd. i dono how to give the material properties, boundary conditions and load in fluent. if anyone help me it ll be so greatfull.

r.mojtaba July 20, 2013 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arun3012 (Post 409638)
im new to fluent software. im dng a project in casting solidification by normal air cooling. i designed and meshed n icem cfd. i dono how to give the material properties, boundary conditions and load in fluent. if anyone help me it ll be so greatfull.

Just look at the Solidification Tutorial from Ansys Fluent. There is every thing you need. Use Google and you will find it easily.

pdgoyani March 4, 2014 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arun3012 (Post 409638)
im new to fluent software. im dng a project in casting solidification by normal air cooling. i designed and meshed n icem cfd. i dono how to give the material properties, boundary conditions and load in fluent. if anyone help me it ll be so greatfull.


hello Arun3012,

i m doin same simulation of sand casting solidification by air cooling with complete assembly of casting and sand mold with 3D model...

can u help me with boundary condition and Source term in cell zone condition....i dont know how to define these two in fluent.

thank you

pakk March 4, 2014 08:58

As a wise man once said: "Just look at the Solidification Tutorial from Ansys Fluent. There is every thing you need. Use Google and you will find it easily. "

marauder March 4, 2014 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arun3012 (Post 409638)
im new to fluent software. im dng a project in casting solidification by normal air cooling. i designed and meshed n icem cfd. i dono how to give the material properties, boundary conditions and load in fluent. if anyone help me it ll be so greatfull.

Start by doing some basic thermodynamic or fluid mechanics problem in fluent. A simple google search will give u lot of results. From that learn how to give bc and mat. properties and all. Once you were able to replicate the results of tutorial then start your problem. Don't start with fluent directly if you don't know how to use it.

pdgoyani March 4, 2014 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pakk (Post 477964)
As a wise man once said: "Just look at the Solidification Tutorial from Ansys Fluent. There is every thing you need. Use Google and you will find it easily. "

thank you sir, but i have gone through the Ansys tutorials and they all are for continuous casting process without sand mold, so i am not getting proper output....

i also dont know how to get a source term for this process....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01.