CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   Refrigerant R134a Phase Change (

Mahesh Bondhu April 22, 2013 05:14

Refrigerant R134a Phase Change
I am new to Phase change simulation.
Currently i am simulating the evaporation of R134a Refrigerant at constant temperature, I have used the Evaporation and condensation model which is available in Ansys 14.0 . I am not understanding how the model is working. I have few doubts on this model

1. How can we maintain the constant temperature during phase change
2. What is the evaporation frequency i.e 0.1., in Ansys 14. 0 model.
3. How can we define material properties of liquid and vapor
i have defined material properties of liquid and vapor standard state enthalpies in the following manner
liquid 213,58 kj/kg vapor 404.32 kj/kg reference temperature 298.15 K for liquid and vapor.

can any one help me to proceed and how to define material properties.

4. Whether available Evaporation-Condensation model suitable or not, for phase change application in refrigeration
5. What is the backflow volume fraction at outlet.

Please help me

Khaled yousef April 24, 2013 12:05

I Face the same problem but for R410A
I Face the same problem but for R410A

Mahesh Bondhu April 26, 2013 06:18

Can you tell how to load the real gas models in Fluent. I have followed the Procedure which was given in Ansys text commands. Its showing invalid commands

Please help me

amit112amit May 2, 2013 01:57

You must be having an older version of Fluent. I have used the command and it works in Ansys 13 which has Fluent 13. I have also tried to use it in Fluent 6.2 and it said "Invalid command".

athonyburk May 4, 2013 08:13

You can find some details about the Evaporation-Condensation Model in the following URL:

I don't think you need to define standard state enthalpies since you might not expect chemical reactions to occur.

By the way, what multiphase model do you use?