Sphere-Fluid Heat Transfer
I have a sphere fluid flow in a channel.
I want to study conduction in the sphere
1) I create 2 zone ( 1 fluid zone and 2 for solid zone (sphere)).
2) I set all interfaces between solid and fluid to wall.
3) After exporting mesh to fluent, I see a -shadow boundary condition of type wall for each interface wall.
4) I enable heat equation. (knowing that the two wall are coupled)
5) Fluid flowing at 0.0001m/s water,370K
6) Sphere (copper) 300K initial temp.2spheres attached together....
Grid convergence has to be done...so Steady state simulation was tried...though the solution converges....
the problem after running simulation there no transfers conjugate between fluid and solid the temperature of solid remains stable (initial temperature).
Please help me ..give me suggestions regarding the Setup of case esp boundary conditions...
Thanks in advance......
in the solution method, what scheme did you use ?? i suggest pressure coupled
I used pressure velocity coupled-SIMPLE
and all second order upwind..
start by coupled. first order see how it looks
Yes I tried that also..still the temperature at that outlet seems to be the same as 370 or 369.99 :( SO it means there is no conduction happening in the sphere...I mean the temperature is not transferred to the sphere from the fluid...What could be the reason..Any guess and can you tell what exactly this steady state will do in this kind of simulation....??
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:49.|