CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   unassigned interface zone warning in FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/116888-unassigned-interface-zone-warning-fluent.html)

hapsari devi April 27, 2013 05:42

unassigned interface zone warning in FLUENT

I am a beginner in using CFD Fluent, and when I am trying to check my mesh in fluent, it said that :
WARNING : unassigned interface zone detected for interface 6
WARNING : unassigned interface zone detected for interface 7
WARNING : unassigned interface zone detected for interface 11
would you please explain it for my why is it happen and how to solve it?

-mAx- April 29, 2013 01:47

The reason is, you defined interface in Gambit (or another mesher), but you didn't set them in fluent (define/grid-interfaces)

vasava April 29, 2013 02:26

In my opinion these errors are perfectly normal especially if you are simulating a case with interfaces.

The boundaries in two separate domains share one interface. Now these boundaries can not be declared as any other type (e.g. wall, inlet, outlet etc). If you declare them as e.g. wall then they can not be part of the interface. Thus when you bring your mesh to fluent it notices that you have not declared the type of boundary, and simply warns you about it.

So there is nothing wrong with the 'warning'. However you must ensure that the interface is properly set-up during meshing as well as in fluent.

oj.bulmer April 29, 2013 10:48

Just make sure you avoid any words like zone, surface, interface etc. while defining any surface in meshing program. FLUENT grabs these words and assigns the boundary conditions to it, though often you dont want it to.

OJ

viralnagar5692 July 29, 2014 08:17

my dear but taking the wall as in interface solution is not initialized fluent.[/QUOTE]

viralnagar5692 July 30, 2014 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasava (Post 423751)
In my opinion these errors are perfectly normal especially if you are simulating a case with interfaces.

The boundaries in two separate domains share one interface. Now these boundaries can not be declared as any other type (e.g. wall, inlet, outlet etc). If you declare them as e.g. wall then they can not be part of the interface. Thus when you bring your mesh to fluent it notices that you have not declared the type of boundary, and simply warns you about it.

So there is nothing wrong with the 'warning'. However you must ensure that the interface is properly set-up during meshing as well as in fluent.

my dear frend,but i am facing the same problem in fluent and my solution is not initialized then how can i move ahead??
i have mentioned in mesh under named selction tool and also taken as interface in fluent
when i m going to initialize,error shows like-"Int. Flow-unassigned interface zone"
help me....

R4RAHUL September 15, 2014 07:05

WARNING: Unassigned interface zone detected for interface

same problem here, but when I change the interface zone to wall then it calculate the solution but when I assign it as a interface zone then it shows error why is it so???????
I want to do it as a interface zone.

ghost82 September 15, 2014 07:15

Post some pictures of your interfaces.

R4RAHUL September 16, 2014 00:30

geometry attaching

1 Attachment(s)
I am attaching the Image of my geometry.
the green part shown in geometry, causing the interference problem, there is a upper surface and a lower surface both when assigned interference shows error.