Home > Forums > FLUENT

Help: different mesh for each region of a geometry

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 4, 2014, 16:36
Default Help: different mesh for each region of a geometry

Diego
Diegoesteban is on a distinguished road
Hi all, I have the following problem: I want to solve the system of the figure below. Since the passage of the medium is very small, I would use a fine mesh in that region, while a not so fine mesh would be enough to end the reservoirs. They can tell me how to make a different mesh for each region?
I guess I should divide my geometry in different "parts" in DesignModeler (using frozen). In Meshing, as I do a different mesh for each region?
I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Best regards!
Attached Images
File Type: png Consulta CFD-online.png (8.2 KB, 14 views)
Diegoesteban is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 4, 2014, 16:53

Nick Prendergast
neprendo is on a distinguished road
There are a couple ways of doing it, but none of them are in fluent, which this is the forum for. I personally would use Icem to do this but thats up to your own preference.
In Icem after doing the geometry and some preliminary mesh generation its a matter of using mesh parameters and selecting the edge you want to increase the density on. After that you can scroll down and select copy to parallel edges. What are you trying to measure in the connecting pipe that you need a fine mesh anyway?
neprendo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 4, 2014, 18:16

Diego
Diegoesteban is on a distinguished road
I am studying compressible flow. I want to measure the mass flow rate as a function of pressure at the inlet and the outlet. Also, I want to analyze the gas jet formed at the exit of connecting pipe.
Right now I'm trying to use a single mesh my geometry (Meshing software), and add Refinement to the region connecting pipe.
Diegoesteban is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 4, 2014, 19:35

Eakarach is on a distinguished road
For refining mesh at desired zone in fluent, i used adapt region function to refine the mesh. It is very easy to do this by specify the desired zone and click mark. Fluent will compute the cell in this zone. Then click adapt to achieve the refine mesh. I hope it can help you.

Eakarach
Eakarach is offline   Reply With Quote