Fill problems.

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 16, 2015, 05:48
Default Fill problems.
Steven Taggart
Stevie_1200 is on a distinguished road
Good morning all, hope you are well.

I have been having some issues with the Fill tool in Fluent and would like to pick your brains about a possible solution.

I am working on a project to implement CFD capabilities within a company that build safety valves. I am at current using their own CAD models for the geometry used for the fluid flow, as you can imagine, the flow path within one of their valves is quite complicated so to model the fluid path using design modeler is not practicable. To over come this I have been using the 'Fill' tool within Fluent to extract the fluid flow path from the 3D valve CAD model.

My problem is that the Fill is only successful when the valve is fully open (4mm lift) , on lower lifts (a smaller opening) it is unsuccessful.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this? Or even any documentation on the Fill tool within Fluent?

Stevie_1200 is offline   Reply With Quote