CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   UDF problem (

chiseung January 8, 2002 08:37

UDF problem
I have a problem in using below c-source file. When I typed <make "FLUENT_ARCH=alpha">, warning message comes up like this.

Warning: Unresolved:

Is it a severe problem to solve a problem? Source code is below.(sample problem in Fluent manual) Additionally, I'm using a "compiled-type" udf and Tru64 UNIX system.

#include "udf.h"

DEFINE_PROFILE(unsteady_velocity, thread, position) { face_t f;

begin_f_loop(f,thread) {

real t=RP_Get_Real("flow-time");

end_f_loop(f,thread); }

chiseung January 8, 2002 08:41

Re: UDF problem - correction
correct the first line.

When I typed, warning message comes up like this.

->When I typed, make "FLUENT_ARCH=alpha", warning message comes up like this.

Lanre January 9, 2002 12:55

Re: UDF problem
You can ignore the compiler warning unless you are unable to load the compiled udf into FLUENT. If this happens, your best bet would be to contact Fluent Inc.

chiseung January 9, 2002 20:30

Thanks. Lanre.

Have you ever experienced that warning message before? Especially, when you compiled that sample problem that I've written, did you get a warning message like that? For this problem, I could load the compiled udf into FLUENT and had no problem to solve it.

However, in some cases, I couldn't solve those problems because of "Floating Point exception" error. I'm not sure that is caused by the compling problem.

Would you let me know?

Lanre January 10, 2002 10:58

The FPE error is likely not a consequence of the compiler warning and is probably due to the UDF itself or the state of the solution when your UDF is read into the solver.

Did you get an FPE when running FLUENT with the UDF you posted ?