|June 12, 2002, 20:45||
Hi all!! can anybody let me know how to tackle the following error i got, ERROR:ACIS error 7100:All facces are used twice..(IS this a open shell?) though i'm using the exact number of faces to form a volume i get this error. Thanks.
|June 13, 2002, 03:41||
Re: gambit error:7100
Dear Mavinakere (I hope that I write your name corect),
Basically such a errors that reffers to "repeated faces" are come since of the following error in procedure that user did,
1. Splting the big volume and then try to connect to volumes. In this case one of volumes are produced by use of copied faces and sharing them to make the new volume. In my experiences, some times the user forget to remove the previouse volem. So there is repeated faces.
2. Correcting the gemoetry by adding, substracting or splitting the voluems. In this case also some times the faces are repeated since the user defines another new voluems.
I think that you configured the geometry and next to it since of some reasons (like controlling the mesh) you dicieded to correct it. Next it is so possible to have repeated faces. Jist do the following steps:
1. Switch on the "All Faces" and "All Volumes" to be shown by GAMBIT.
2. Switch off the "All Volumes". In this case all the volumes will NOT be shown in your GUI.
3.Refresh the GUI by a simple job like ZOOMING. It is usefull to see whether there is faces in GUI (by defaut colored by BLUE) in the GUI or not.
4. select all the faces in GUI by use of mouse and delete them.
5. Again switch on "All faces". See whether the geometry shown in GUI looks like the finall volume or not?
6. switch on "All Volumes".
7. Go to geometry/faces/connect faces, and sellect all the faces and connect them.
8. coonect the edges by use of geometry/edge/connect the edge.
9. connect the nodes by the same procedure in nodes.
10. repeat the connect faces and see in TRN windows whether it is reported that "there is no actuall connection" or not. If you see such a massage so the gemoetry is corrected.
If by doing such a job your problem is unsolved, please inform me since it will show that you did a simple/un-sensible error.
|May 21, 2012, 16:24||
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9Rep Power: 6
how can I make an open shell (Cube) in gambit?
the fluid goes out from the upper face and I don't want to define any boundary condition on the upper face.
can I create a face close to the upper face of Cube and then subtract them?
so the upper face is very thin but the cube is open from top
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to open a saved Gambit File?||barkan||FLUENT||5||September 1, 2012 05:53|
|[ANSYS Meshing] Migrating from GAMBIT to ANSYS Meshing||David-CFD||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||1||April 1, 2011 05:22|
|Gambit help: Cube inside cube||Jack Martinez||FLUENT||13||August 11, 2010 06:29|
|Gambit 2.3.16, Xming or Exceed...HELP!||bambam3417||FLUENT||10||May 7, 2010 12:39|
|Gambit -dev X11 doesn't work||Ervin Amet||FLUENT||0||October 28, 2007 09:33|