CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Dynamic mesh problem (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/33975-dynamic-mesh-problem.html)

Jim June 15, 2004 17:06

Dynamic mesh problem

Hi All,

I have a trouble to run the fluent tutorial Dynamics mesh. When I try to compile the file: valve.c, the following messages show up:

CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory. UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory. 'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

If you have any ideas, please help me. Thanks.

Sincerely, Jim zhang

Podila June 15, 2004 20:40

Re: Dynamic mesh problem

okie I guess there might be two reasns behind it: 1. U have not set the path. 2. U are not compiling from the correct directory. U have to compile inside the libudf>src>2d/dp/3d/dp from there copy the path and change it. Go to the command prompt, copy the path, by cd ...and then give nmake. Podila

Jim Zhang June 15, 2004 21:19

Hi, Podila,

I have tried it, and the following is some error messages showing up. Thanks.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Zhang\My Documents\help_FLUENT\tutfiles\dynames h\libudf\ntx86\2d>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

cl /c /Za /DUDF_EXPORTING -Ic:\fluent.inc\fluent6.1.22\ntx86\2d -Ic:\fl uent.inc\fluent6.1.22\src -Ic:\fluent.inc\fluent6.1.22\cortex\src -Ic:\fluent. inc\fluent6.1.22\client\src -Ic:\fluent.inc\fluent6.1.22\tgrid\src -Ic:\fluent .inc\fluent6.1.22\multiport\src ..\..\src\valve.c 'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x1' Stop.

Podila June 16, 2004 08:27

okie which tutorail is that. Please provide the details of the tutorail I will see whether it works for me. Podila

jim June 16, 2004 11:39

Dynamics mesh tutorial, thanks

STK June 16, 2004 14:34

From my experience, i have seen that udf files in some machines are not compiled automatically by fluent gui (the *.c files). This happens in your machine. Don't worry it is simple. What you have to do is to open the command prompt (cmd in start-run), then you go to the bin directory of your MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO FOLDER,you find the VCVARS32.BAT (this execute command setting the enviroment) and you print it. After you have activated vcvars32.bat, you launch fluent (do it from an another command prompt to be sure) and you will see that you can compile valve.c, which is a correct generated code, as you will confirm.(remember first build and then load the library) good luck!

Jim June 16, 2004 16:12

Hi,thank you all, and I got it. The problem is in the visual c++. when I remove the visual c++, and reinstall it, every thing is OK. Thanks for your help. Jim

samcfd January 29, 2013 04:32

Hi i tried loading the VALVE.c file into ANSYS FLUENT and i get this message

1 file(s) copied.
(system "copy c:\fluent.inc\fluent6.3.26\src\makefile_nt.udf libudf\ntx86\2d\makefile")
1 file(s) copied.
(chdir "libudf")()
(chdir "ntx86\2d")()

Done.
"f:/dynamic_mesh/dynamic_mesh"

Opening library "libudf"...
Error: open_udf_library: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error Object: ()

Could you please help me out understanding what the error is about.

thanks
sam

Quote:

Originally Posted by STK
;113259
From my experience, i have seen that udf files in some machines are not compiled automatically by fluent gui (the *.c files). This happens in your machine. Don't worry it is simple. What you have to do is to open the command prompt (cmd in start-run), then you go to the bin directory of your MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO FOLDER,you find the VCVARS32.BAT (this execute command setting the enviroment) and you print it. After you have activated vcvars32.bat, you launch fluent (do it from an another command prompt to be sure) and you will see that you can compile valve.c, which is a correct generated code, as you will confirm.(remember first build and then load the library) good luck!