|March 8, 2006, 07:24||
Re: MPEG from sweep surface
I don't think you can create an MPEG from the sweep surface option but you can do it another way as follows...
1) Create an iso-surface of constant grid in the direction of your sweep (i.e if you sweep in the x-direction create a surface of const x-coord). This iso-surface should represent the 1st frame of your MPEG.
2) Display the iso-surface in your active plot window making sure that all the features you want displayed in your MPEG are in view (walls etc ...)
3) under the scene option (Display/scene in the GUI) there should be a contour**** selecetion in the list of displayed items select this and it will ask you to specify a const x-coord number. Once this is done it will be the starting point of your MPEG.
4) under scene animation (Display/scene ani.. GUI) Set the key frame to 1 and add key-1 should appear under the keys list.
5) Go back to the scene option now and repeat the steps but when it asks you for the const x-coord number specify this for the end of your MPEG clip and create the scene.
6) Under scene animation again decide upon how many frames you want in your MPEG and enter this number for the frames option, then add key again.
7) Set the increment to 1 and select MPEG from the write/record option.
This should generate an MPEG for you the same as the sweep surface.
If you have problems make sure your scenes do not end or begin on the boundary of your models.
hope this works ok
|June 25, 2009, 06:38||
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 24Rep Power: 9
I would like to know whether there is a possibility to make this process (iso-surface + key-frames) automatic or semi-automatic, maybe some kind of function?
When I think about creating manually above 200 hundreds of iso-surfaces and frames I am terrified.
|February 3, 2011, 05:54||
it works perfectly!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
It works fine and it is non a bit of an effort. I think Geisel missunderstood the howto in some points.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Error : Self intersecting surface mesh, computing intersections & Error : Impossible||velan||Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...||3||October 22, 2015 11:05|
|Problem with Gmsh||nishant_hull||Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...||23||August 5, 2015 02:09|
|[ICEM] Problems with coedge curves and surfaces||tommymoose||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||0||August 5, 2011 16:02|
|boundaries with gmshToFoam||ouafa||Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...||7||May 21, 2010 12:43|
|CFX4.3 -build analysis form||Chie Min||CFX||5||July 12, 2001 23:19|