CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   difference between CFX and fluent (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/40814-difference-between-cfx-fluent.html)

rashmi May 3, 2006 00:36

difference between CFX and fluent

hi can anyone tell me whats the difference between CFX and fluent...which is more advanced which is more user friendly....which is better to use.....how can one comment one the results obtained from CFX and fluent....

thanks Rashmi

Charles May 3, 2006 04:02

Re: difference between CFX and fluent

Search the archives, this has been discussed ad nauseam before. The summary is that it is horses for courses, each product has its strengths and weaknesses. I like both.

Ben May 4, 2006 07:32

this pretty much falls into the, how big should my cell size be, which turbulence model is best, how long is a piece of string....idiot question category

Chris May 5, 2006 10:23

Rashmi asked:
: hi can anyone tell me whats the difference between CFX and fluent...

About $570M
:)

Chandra Murthy May 5, 2006 10:35

in some applications like supersonic/hypersonic flows....fluent is having advantage over cfx..because of its coupled solver (where energy-flow coupling is done directly); i dont think cfx is having this capability. Personally i felt fluent gives faster convergence for the same setup conditions for a problem....if u dig up...many are there.... finally...i can conclude that fluent is better than cfx.

rashmi May 5, 2006 10:57

thanks for ur replies i want difference betwenn CFX and fluent for solving multiphase flows........

thanks

J.Gimbun May 7, 2006 06:51

Fluent have the upper hand in multiphase flow especially when it involving PBM. CFX has it PBM too but not as advance as Fluent.

Akshat jain April 13, 2009 13:58

difference between cfx and fluent

ANSYS FLUENTand ANSYS CFX two solvers were developed independently and have a number of things in common, but they also have some significant differences. Both are control-volume based for high accuracy and rely heavily on a pressure-based solution technique for broad applicability. They differ mainly in the way they integrate the fluid flow equations and in their equation solution strategies.The ANSYS CFX solver uses finite elements (cell vertex numerics), similar to those used in mechanical analysis, to discretize the domain. In contrast, the ANSYS FLUENT solver uses finite volumes (cell centered numerics).ANSYS CFX software focuses on one approach to solve the governing equations of motion (coupled algebraic multigrid), while the ANSYS FLUENT product offers several solution approaches (density-, segregated- and coupled-pressure-based methods):):D

whuup March 5, 2014 23:50

Fluent FDM without mass conservation oder FEM?

edit: deleted and opened a new threat, since it is a different question I have