CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   Iteration Error, Help need!!! (

phinix February 15, 2007 01:23

Iteration Error, Help need!!!
Hello, all

When I run fluent using iterate the following error message displayed. Can anyone help me to figure what is the possible error of my setting?

Thanks Happy new year ===================================== Updating solution at time levels N and N-1. done. iter time/iter

Error: FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION) 1. Note exact events leading to error. 2. Save case/data under new name. 3. Exit program and restart to continue. 4. Report error to your distributor. Error Object: ()

amel February 15, 2007 07:52

Re: Iteration Error, Help need!!!
hi, I had the same problem in my program, I think because I opened several files in the same window and just after, I start the itérations with discarding other files. so when I closed fluent and opened it again it has calculeted normally. good luck !

Rizwan February 15, 2007 16:22

Re: Iteration Error, Help need!!!
one more reason may be that, the exact events that u followed in setting up a problem is un-realistic. for example providing u have two volumes one below the other. the lower one is a solid interior and top one is a fluid interior. to set a BC for fluid interior volume to one of face is general practice but if u try to giv veolcity inlet to one of the faces of solid interior, u may recieve this type of error. cheks if there r such inconsistencies in setting the case file.