CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   TEMPERATURE LIMITED problem (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/44238-temperature-limited-problem.html)

emanuele March 25, 2007 10:05

TEMPERATURE LIMITED problem
 
hello. My model consists in the heating of a chain for the effect of a flow of warm air. All the residual converge and the model seems to works, but at time step 100 Fluent sends message:

"temperature limited to 1000000 in 1 cells on zone 3 in domain 1" "temperature limited to 5000000e+003 in 1 cells on zone 3 in domain 1"

All the residual keep on converging despite this. I have tried to reduce urf but without improvements. So i have tried to adapt the region where temperature is limited, but after adapting energy residual deverge. Why? What should i do to eliminate temperature limited problem ?

Thanks a lot Emanuele

pipin July 21, 2009 10:20

hello!!
I've the same problem and i want to know if you have find a solution,

thanks for reply

jobito_2012 December 28, 2012 15:07

Hello!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pipin (Post 223483)
hello!!
I've the same problem and i want to know if you have find a solution,

thanks for reply


Hello guys!!mmm, i have the same problem!!...can you help me please!!! :)

CMA January 14, 2013 11:54

Where you able to find a solution for this problem?
 
Hi jobito_2012, Where you able to find a solution for this problem?


Quote:

Originally Posted by jobito_2012 (Post 399343)
Hello guys!!mmm, i have the same problem!!...can you help me please!!! :)


wesam January 14, 2013 12:04

try to change solver. OR refine mesh

wesam January 14, 2013 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by emanuele
;140348
hello. My model consists in the heating of a chain for the effect of a flow of warm air. All the residual converge and the model seems to works, but at time step 100 Fluent sends message:

"temperature limited to 1000000 in 1 cells on zone 3 in domain 1" "temperature limited to 5000000e+003 in 1 cells on zone 3 in domain 1"

All the residual keep on converging despite this. I have tried to reduce urf but without improvements. So i have tried to adapt the region where temperature is limited, but after adapting energy residual deverge. Why? What should i do to eliminate temperature limited problem ?

Thanks a lot Emanuele

try change solver.

jobito_2012 January 16, 2013 21:37

Hi !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMA (Post 401769)
Hi jobito_2012, Where you able to find a solution for this problem?

can you add me to skype?..., mi username is aguilera1623....thanks!!! :)

jobito_2012 January 16, 2013 21:39

hi!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wesam (Post 401771)
try change solver.

thanks for your answers, emmmmm, I'm learning to do 3D meshes .... that's the problem ... thank you very much for your answer ...

happen to have tutorials to learn how to make 3D mesh?

mi username in skype is aguilera1623...

and my mail is aguilera1623@gmail.com

thanksss!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:03.