CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Corrosion Modelling (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/44768-corrosion-modelling.html)

Syeda Najiha Hasany May 21, 2007 14:25

Corrosion Modelling
 
How can we simulate piping erosion-corrosion rates in Fluent?

ritmat May 22, 2007 05:40

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
it was what i am triyng to do, first look the tutorial on erosion on fluent website. The erosion model is inside DPM model.

rana May 22, 2007 05:49

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
hey syeda and ritmat,

i am also doing the same. so, lets keep us posted. alternately, if u both wanted..u can send private mails also. i am workig on erosion only.

i have read the tutorial, amd know something while dont know many thing. so, lets exchange views and ideas, if its ok for u both

kind regards.

rana


Hesham June 2, 2007 08:04

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
Fluent can model erosion by using DPM. You have to solve the flow field and then you should calculate the trajectories of individual particles. Erosion rate depends upon particle impact velocity and other properties of the surface and the particle itself. You can define user defined function to calculate erosion rate at the surface.

I am now working in corrosion modeling which is not simple. I have to include several species which will be transferred to the surface. Then the reaction governing corrosion rate will be introduced to simulate corrosion.

If you can help me either by introducing ideas or by providing recent publications in this field, I will be grateful.

Hesham

rana June 2, 2007 19:40

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
dear hesham,

thanks a lot ! can u send me a mail in royrana123@yahoo.com or can u give me your mail ID. I need to ask some questions reg. Erosion. May be I can provide some information to you regarding corrosion.

I have access to all elsevier and wiley journals also.

best regards.

rana

ritmat June 4, 2007 03:18

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
i am interested as well so maybe it would be great if you discuss about the subject on this web site. thank you. If you have any paper on erosion it would be great as well

rana June 4, 2007 11:41

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
dear ritmat and hesham,

there are many things which cant be discussed on public. so, if u both give me ur mail ID, i will mail to u both and then it will be group discussion also. i hope u have no problem.

yes, i have quite a lot papers in erosion.

do send me guys ur mail in royrana123@yahoo.com

best regards.


Alexander Shagaev (Russia) June 15, 2007 01:36

Re: Corrosion Modelling
 
Dear Hesman, You can read my papers concerned the mathematical modeling of corrosion processes at the site of UMIST (Corrsion and Protection Center, Manchester, UK). My papers are located at the Volume 3 of the Journal of Corrosion Science and Engineering (JCSE). With best regards Alexander Shagaev

HPR June 15, 2010 07:54

corrosion modelling using fluent
 
Can anyone help me in doing corrosion modelling in Fluent

Jonnie March 19, 2011 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesham
;142114
Fluent can model erosion by using DPM. You have to solve the flow field and then you should calculate the trajectories of individual particles. Erosion rate depends upon particle impact velocity and other properties of the surface and the particle itself. You can define user defined function to calculate erosion rate at the surface.

I am now working in corrosion modeling which is not simple. I have to include several species which will be transferred to the surface. Then the reaction governing corrosion rate will be introduced to simulate corrosion.

If you can help me either by introducing ideas or by providing recent publications in this field, I will be grateful.

Hesham

Hello Hesham!

I am also working on modelling Erosion-Corrosion in FLUENT. May I know how you resolved the corrosion modelling part in FLUENT and how you coupled them together. Yours and others suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Cheers.

HPR March 21, 2011 05:58

Hai
Thanks for your reply. I heard that in FLUENT, we can make use of CHEMKIN software to model the corrosion rate. Have you ever tried this?

HPR March 21, 2011 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Shagaev (Russia)
;142510
Dear Hesman, You can read my papers concerned the mathematical modeling of corrosion processes at the site of UMIST (Corrsion and Protection Center, Manchester, UK). My papers are located at the Volume 3 of the Journal of Corrosion Science and Engineering (JCSE). With best regards Alexander Shagaev

Hello Alexander Shagaev
Can you pl. tell me the exact link for the mathematical modeling of corrosion in your website.

Jonnie March 21, 2011 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPR (Post 300316)
Hai
Thanks for your reply. I heard that in FLUENT, we can make use of CHEMKIN software to model the corrosion rate. Have you ever tried this?

OK. I'll try CHEMKIN software. Haven't really tried it. Cheers.

RezaCFD March 23, 2011 02:36

Simulation of corrosion in Pipeline
 
Dear all,

I am PhD student, and my research is relating to simulation of corrosion in pipeline with fluent.

Pleaseeeeeeeee help me to know which section of fluent is related to this part and if you know any paper or journal regarding this issue please let me know.

Best wishes,
Reza,

ken September 26, 2011 22:01

discussion
 
Hi all,

I am currently doing sand erosion-corrosion simulation with cfd software. Mind to share resources and to have discussion on it? I am still new on this and need some advices.

thank you

Regards,
Ken


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:49.