CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   XY Plot with Time (

Ketan June 5, 2007 11:48

XY Plot with Time
HI, I want to plot a graph for swirl velocity v/s flow time for a point with different mesh sizes (i.e different cases). What I am doing is monitering surface with flow time on X axis. But it only give the convergance history for the swirl velocity at the point.

I acutally want to plot how swirl velocity changes on the point with time.(x-axis= time, y-axis= swirl velocity).

dan June 15, 2007 09:16

Re: XY Plot with Time
I would like to know it too thanks

bashu June 15, 2007 11:07

define apoint

use solve monitor surface monitor and define the monitor to plot/print/write the velocity with flow time.

Ketan June 15, 2007 11:34

Thanks. I have one more query. I have a point in the fluid domain on which I am getting value of swirl velocity, which is there due to problem set up, whose value is around 1.49cm/s. But now I want to initialize this swirl velocity at that point to be 0.165775 cm/sec. How do I do it.

I tried to initialize in the "initialize panel" but what actually it does is that it adds 0.165775 to the swirl velocity of 1.49 (so it becomes 1.65577 cm/sec ) Also I tried to do patching, it does take this value but then after certain iterations the value of swirl velocity starts increasing(which actually should decrease) when I see in surface monitor window for that point.

bashu June 15, 2007 13:06

sorry, I won't be able to help you much with that.