[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

conduction??URGENT!!

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 13, 2007, 04:45
Default conduction??URGENT!!
Donia

hi, i'm trying to simulate a 2D conduction model!for the BC i impose heating temperature for one side and cooling temperature on the other side!the two other walls are adiabatic!on fluxes report,normally i should have the same heat transfer flux on the two tempered walls (same dimensions) but the net flux is not null!! plz help i didn't find any explanation!! thx

Old   June 13, 2007, 08:54
Default Re: conduction??URGENT!!
charafeddine

dear Donia, let me know if the two temperatures that you impose are the same yhank you

Old   June 13, 2007, 10:31
Donia

hi charafeddine, temperatures are different unless how we 'll have the conduction! plz answer,it's so urgent!! thanks

Old   June 13, 2007, 11:02
bashu

you have to run this till you get zero net flux, that's how you know it's converged. the resiuals are not the main indications fro convergence

Old   June 13, 2007, 11:38
Donia

hi bashu, thanks for the idea!i tried it,the net flux is minimised but it can't reach 0,it's 0.02!! any other idea plz??

Old   June 13, 2007, 17:30
bashu

you wil not reach absolute zero, but if the error (differnece / inlet) is below 1% (depends on the error you want you may go to 0.1%) the solution is converged. also you should monitor temperature at a point (or line or surface) and make sure it's not changing with iteraion much (again depends on the error you can accept)

Old   June 14, 2007, 02:38
Donia

hi bashu, thanks a lot for your time and your patience!!last night i kept on trying and i reached an error of 0.1%!!every thing is ok:temperatures,fluxes,contours....!!it's perfect!! i owe you much!! thanks