CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   residual storage in FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/46096-residual-storage-fluent.html)

sophie September 20, 2007 21:45

residual storage in FLUENT

residual storage in FLUENT?

i can't find residual values in my dat files,what's wrong???

can anyone tell me why?

thanks a lot!

Joe September 21, 2007 05:08

Re: residual storage in FLUENT

you need to tell fluent to store the residuals in the dat file.

sophie September 21, 2007 05:11

how to tell fluent to store the residuals in the dat file?

i'm not so familar with the TUI,can you tell me?

mAx September 21, 2007 06:08

The following steps can be used to write the solution residuals to a text file.

1. Read the case/data files in FLUENT.

2. Read the Scheme file (init.scm) using the File-->Read-->Scheme command. The content of the Scheme file should be as follows (please copy the content between the dashed line into a text file and save it as 'init.scm'):

-------------------------------------------------------------- (define port) (set! port (open-output-file "residuals.dat"))

(do ((i 0 (+ i 1))) ((= i (length (solver-residuals)))) (format port "~a ~2t" (car (list-ref (solver-residuals) i))) ) (newline port) ---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Set the following execute command at every iteration using Solve --> Execute Commands:

file read-journal residual.jou

The content of the journal file (residual.jou) should be as follows (please copy the content between the dashed line into a text file and save it as 'residual.jou'):

--------------------------------------------------------------- (do ((i 0 (+ i 1))) ((= i (length (solver-residuals)))) (format port "~a ~2t" (cdr (list-ref (solver-residuals) i))) ) (newline port) ---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Now compute the solution using the Solve->Iterate command. This will write out a text file ('residuals.dat') containing the solution residual history.

sophie September 21, 2007 23:48

thanks a lot!

that really works well!

but how to write these scheme command lines?

or must i learn the scheme language?

i have some german document,but i don't say german...

any suggestions?

sophie September 24, 2007 21:02

new question:

now i have to execute the storage process through TUI, but it interrupts with the following error message:

Error: A journal is currently open for input or output. You cannot read and write a journal at the same time, or read two journals simultaneously. Error Object: #f

can anybody give me some advices?

urgent sophie

sophie September 24, 2007 21:17

now i want to describe me error exactly:

i want to store the residual which print in console to be a file,but my process is executed though TUI,i write these commands in my journal file:

;-------------------------------------------------------------- (define port) (set! port (open-output-file "residuals.dat"))

(do ((i 0 (+ i 1))) ((= i (length (solver-residuals)))) (format port "~a ~2t" (car (list-ref (solver-residuals) i))) ) (newline port)

(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "MenuBar*SolveMenu*Execute Commands...")

(cx-gui-do cx-set-integer-entry "Execute Commands*IntegerEntry1(Defined Commands)" 1)

(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "Execute Commands*IntegerEntry1(Defined Commands)")

(cx-gui-do cx-set-toggle-button "Execute Commands*Frame2*Table2*CheckButton6" #f)

(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "Execute Commands*Frame2*Table2*CheckButton6")

(cx-gui-do cx-set-text-entry "Execute Commands*Frame2*Table2*TextEntry10" "(do ((i 0 (+ i 1))) ((= i (length (solver-residuals)))) (format port "~a ~2t" (cdr (list-ref (solver-residuals) i))) ) (newline port)")

(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "Execute Commands*PanelButtons*PushButton1(OK)")

(cx-gui-do cx-activate-item "Solution Initialization*PanelButtons*PushButton2(Cancel)")

solve/initialize/compute-defaults/pressure-far-field

solve/iterate 20 ;--------------------------------------------------- but the error message:

Error: eval: unbound variable Error Object: ~a

Warning: An error or interrupt occurred while reading the journal file. Some commands may not have been completed.

if i change the line contain ~a to be:

(cx-gui-do cx-set-text-entry "Execute Commands*Frame2*Table2*TextEntry10" "file read-journal residual.jou")

and in the content of the residual.jou is as follows

;--------------------------------------------------------------- (do ((i 0 (+ i 1))) ((= i (length (solver-residuals)))) (format port "~a ~2t" (cdr (list-ref (solver-residuals) i))) ) (newline port) ;---------------------------------------------------------------

the error message: file read-journal Error: A journal is currently open for input or output. You cannot read and write a journal at the same time, or read two journals simultaneously. Error Object: #f residual.jou invalid command [residual.jou]

can you give me some advices?

thanks a lot!

sophie

mostafadehghani.62 May 12, 2014 02:24

i have this problem too. there is any alternative for using "" in scheme?