hi all I don know what is the source terms in fuel cell module in fluent. problem is : 1) fuel cell 2.2 manual dont introduce momentum,mass,species source terms. do you know source terms ? or do you have any reffrence to source terms or b.c. in fluent module ?
2) I write udf but electrical potential equation dont converge to the reason that nonlinear source terms.(J_a or J_c)exponential terms in butler-volmer equation be very larg as magnitude of upper 10^30.
3) I dont know how do I simulate membrane in udf ? how do I set membrane boundary conditionin udf ?
thanks alot sincerely
Re: fuel cell
here is a tutorial for Fluent PEMFC addon.
Hope it helps,
Re: fuel cell
1. You can find the definition of source terms in the articles that Fluent used as commercial solver (i.e Jour. Power Sour. is a good source)
2. Like you, I have written a pem fuel cell model and in my model membrane phase potential gives NaN error. I didnot fins any solution for this. For your question you should linearize these exponential terms. I did it but now momentum equations diverges. I am searching for solution so I cannot give you any further suggestion.
3. In some articles from jour power sources there are boundary conditions and conservation equation for membrane. I could not remember their names but you can find them easily.
happen History repeat it self.
guess what happenHistory repeat it self.
I have the same problem as you
I am using the Fluent 14 and I want to simulate a PEM fuel cell.
The only tutorial of PEM fuel cell of Fluent is from 6.3 version.
I use it to Fluent 14 and I follow the steps but the results does not the same, also some data and parameters are different.
Anybody know if the tutorial of 6.3 Fluent is working to Fluent 14 too?
I think now you had finish your thesis peacefully.
Can you help me to overcome my problems.
or send me your cas files.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:31.|