|April 9, 2009, 12:21||
Having trouble with the modelling of Fluid flow during laser welding!
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4Rep Power: 9
I'm trying to simulate the fluid flow in the molten pool during laser welding using Fluent (i am only a beginner) and i need some help with the following problems:
- Laser Heat source: does any one have a UDF that describes Gaussian laser heat surface source? or if not, can anyone help me with that?
- if we want to model Pulse Laser heat source, what do we do?
- Do we use the steady or unsteady model?
- do we include the energy and the flow in the calculations directly or we do the energy first as an initial condition?
- Using the VOF model requires the presence of 2 identified phases but when we are using the melting/solidification model we then only have the liquid-solid metal material defined according to the temperature, therefore how can we use the VOF model with this problem? and if so, how can we simulate the surface deformation?
I'd appreciate it if anyone answers some of my questions!~
Thank you all!
|January 17, 2015, 14:34||
Liquid metal flow in Fluent
I am also stuck in the same problem. Just doing some fun uptil now but want to know if you had some success. As your post is quite old. I will then let you know what I have done till now. I have no success so far.
|fluent, fluid, laser, modelling, molten|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to calculate the fluid flow through a surface||lynx||OpenFOAM Paraview & paraFoam||4||January 20, 2016 12:58|
|Overflow Error in Multiphase Modelling with Two Continuous Fluids||ashtonJ||CFX||6||August 11, 2014 14:32|
|How to do thermal and flow modelling in honeycomb structure||senCFX||Main CFD Forum||0||January 25, 2011 17:07|
|Compressible Fluid Flow in COMSOL Multiphysics||BBG||Main CFD Forum||1||November 19, 2008 15:05|
|Advice on multi-phase flow modelling||Martin||Main CFD Forum||3||October 14, 2008 05:16|