|April 9, 2009, 13:21||
Modelling of Fluid flow during laser welding! Help Needed!
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4Rep Power: 7
I'm trying to simulate the fluid flow in the molten pool during laser welding using Fluent (i am only a beginner) and i need some help with the following problems:
- Laser Heat source: does any one have a UDF that describes Gaussian laser heat surface source? or if not, can anyone help me with that?
- if we want to model Pulse Laser heat source, what do we do?
- Do we use the steady or unsteady model?
- do we include the energy and the flow in the calculations directly or we do the energy first as an initial condition?
- Using the VOF model requires the presence of 2 identified phases but when we are using the melting/solidification model we then only have the liquid-solid metal material defined according to the temperature, therefore how can we use the VOF model with this problem? and if so, how can we simulate the surface deformation?
I'd appreciate it if anyone answers some of my questions!~
Thank you all!
|fluent, fluid, laser, modelling, molten|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|benchmark: flow over a circular cylinder||goodegg||Main CFD Forum||12||January 22, 2013 12:47|
|Flow meter Design||CD adapco Group Marketing||CD-adapco||3||June 21, 2011 09:33|
|Compressible Fluid Flow in COMSOL Multiphysics||BBG||Main CFD Forum||1||November 19, 2008 15:05|
|Advice on multi-phase flow modelling||Martin||Main CFD Forum||3||October 14, 2008 06:16|
|Natural convection - Inlet boundary condition||max91||CFX||1||July 29, 2008 21:28|