CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Virtual Blade Model (VBM) for wind turbine. (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/65958-virtual-blade-model-vbm-wind-turbine.html)

teymourj July 2, 2009 02:07

Virtual Blade Model (VBM) for wind turbine.

Hi everybody,

I had a question about doing a simulation with help of VBM on a 2-bladed
horizontal axis turbine.

The mesh that I am working is a horizontal axis turbine in compare with the
tutorial example, that I had from FLUENT company, in which it
has a vertical axis rotor of a helicopter in its mesh.

My problem is at the very last step of defining the case in FLUENT. When I
put all my information in the "Rotor Inputs" panel, after clicking on
change/creat to save the changes, by clicking on OK button I will get the
fallowing error:

================================================== ===================
1000000 ERROR: Cell ID not determined 1000000 allocate_memory
/usr/local/Fluent.Inc/fluent6.3.26/Inamd64/3d/fluent.6.3.26[0xdd6fcb]
/usr/local/Fluent.Inc/fluent6.3.26/Inamd64/3d/fluent.6.3.26[0xdd6f21]
/lib64/libpthread.so.0[0x3de400e4c0]
libudf/inam64/3d/libudf.so(allocate_memory+0x6a9)[0x2ad5ac63ef5b]

Error: fluent.6.3.26 received a fatal signal (SEGMENTATION VIOLATION) Error
Object: #f
================================================== ===================

I am pretty sure that my settings have no problem, as long as I am able to
run the simulation for the tutorial example. My idea is that I am doing
something wrong, or should have something in my mesh. Because based on the above error, FLUENT can not recognize my rotor zone.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I am looking forward for your helps and answers.

With regards

Teymour Javaherchi

lalita19 July 11, 2009 12:17

hellou, please you know where i can found a tutorial to to my blade design model in asys fluent?, i dontknow how to start,thanks

teymourj July 11, 2009 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalita19 (Post 222377)
hellou, please you know where i can found a tutorial to to my blade design model in asys fluent?, i dontknow how to start,thanks

Hey,

The tutorial is not available on the web. We got it from FLUENT. You should contact them directly and request for the tutorials and the UDF's for the VBM (Note that the files are big and can't be sent via Email and you will receive it on a CD from FLUENT).

Provide me an Email address and I can send you the tutorial PDF, so that in mean while you can read about it.

I hope that this was helpful.

Good luck with you design! ;)

ghazanfarzahedi July 12, 2009 00:33

Hi Teymour

I need to the udfs and tutorial about the VBM model too and don't know how can access to it.

Would you please send me udfs and some tutorial about it? (Email adrress: ghazanfar.zahedi@gmail.com )

Specially thanks in advance for your favor
Ghazanfar Zahedi

Benjy4real July 28, 2009 16:42

Hi Teymour,
Is it possible to send me the tutorials too? I am new to Fluent. My email address is: kanyabm@clarkson.edu
Thanks.

antoniskirkos September 4, 2009 06:55

Thesis help!

Hello!Is it possible to email me the tutorial and if possible the udf?I need them for my thesis!My email is: antoniskirkos@hotmail.com Thank you for your time!

Best regards!

kirit_GSU September 4, 2009 10:15

can you send that tutorial to me at kirit.morshed@yahoo.com

kirit

teymourj September 5, 2009 00:54

Dear all,

After posting this post I received lot of CMs about sending the tutorials and files for VBM, but unfortunately I won't be able to do this for every single of you and I gave it up after sending it to very two requests. I advised you guys to contact FLUENT under aca-support@fluent.com and request the tutorials and related files from them. It is part of their customer service and support to respond you and send the required files to you. Please don't send me your Email to get those files.

I wish all of you best of luck with your projects and research.

With regards

-teymourj

ali jamaleldeen March 31, 2010 09:48

hi every body, I am working on wind turbine blade on ansys, so could you please send me the pdf tutorial by mail (ali_jamaleldeen@hotmail.com)

trantoan2008 April 4, 2012 04:35

Hi All,

I am working on wind turbine blade Fluent Ver. 6.3. I am really interesting Fluent Virtual Blade Model method to do it. Could you please send me the UDFs and pdf tutorial by email: trantoan2008@gmail.com

Thanks in advanced

teymourj April 4, 2012 11:30

Hey,

VBM UDF can be provided via the company that provides you FLUENT licences. Simply ask them and tell them the version of FLUENT that you are working with and they will send everything for you.

Best,

Teymour

trantoan2008 April 4, 2012 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by teymourj (Post 353157)
Hey,

VBM UDF can be provided via the company that provides you FLUENT licences. Simply ask them and tell them the version of FLUENT that you are working with and they will send everything for you.

Best,

Teymour

Hi Teymour

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am not Fluent's customer so that they provide that for me. If possible, Could you help me?

Best,
Tran