CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   DPM Injection problem (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/73988-dpm-injection-problem.html)

mesumon203 March 22, 2010 04:26

DPM Injection problem
 
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to make a simulation using DPM Method. But here i am feeling some problem. can anybody please help me by sayinh how can i change the direction of the INJECTION.now the injection is going towards the opposite side with expected.

yubaibai88 April 4, 2010 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumon203 (Post 251084)
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to make a simulation using DPM Method. But here i am feeling some problem. can anybody please help me by sayinh how can i change the direction of the INJECTION.now the injection is going towards the opposite side with expected.

what kind your injection type is .
for example if set the type group,under point properties,you can set the opposite velocity.it will change the inject direction.

mesumon203 April 4, 2010 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubaibai88 (Post 253129)
what kind your injection type is .
for example if set the type group,under point properties,you can set the opposite velocity.it will change the inject direction.

Thanks for reply.

i am trying to set a solid cone injection. and one more thing can you please tell me how can i reduce the temperature using the solid cone injection i mean in point properties which property is relevant for reducing temperuatre

yubaibai88 April 4, 2010 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumon203 (Post 253131)
Thanks for reply.

i am trying to set a solid cone injection. and one more thing can you please tell me how can i reduce the temperature using the solid cone injection i mean in point properties which property is relevant for reducing temperuatre

I don't understand what you mean.
generally I set temperature in BC

mesumon203 April 4, 2010 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubaibai88 (Post 253133)
I don't understand what you mean.
generally I set temperature in BC

ya i also set it now i want to reduce the inner high room temperature with injection. so what point properties are important like mass flow rate or velocity
because my temerature is not changing with injection

Thanks

yubaibai88 April 4, 2010 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumon203 (Post 253134)
ya i also set it now i want to reduce the inner high room temperature with injection. so what point properties are important like mass flow rate or velocity
because my temerature is not changing with injection

Thanks

you mean you want to find out the max factor to the surround temperature while discrete particle are injecting into the area?

mesumon203 April 4, 2010 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubaibai88 (Post 253136)
you mean you want to find out the max factor to the surround temperature while discrete particle are injecting into the area?

yes i am trying to reduce the temperature with injection of water bt actually the temperaure of the heated zone is not reducing. so i think i am missing some properties so can u tell me what or which properties are importan for reducing temperature

yubaibai88 April 4, 2010 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumon203 (Post 253137)
yes i am trying to reduce the temperature with injection of water bt actually the temperaure of the heated zone is not reducing. so i think i am missing some properties so can u tell me what or which properties are importan for reducing temperature

did you enable the energy equation

mesumon203 April 4, 2010 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubaibai88 (Post 253138)
did you enable the energy equation

yes i set the high temperaure in the b .c and the interior zone is gets heated because of the heated zone now with water spray injection i wanna reduce the temperature so what point properties are necessay

or do u know about any tutorial related to fire supprssion with vertically downward sray or related.

yubaibai88 April 4, 2010 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumon203 (Post 253140)
yes i set the high temperaure in the b .c and the interior zone is gets heated because of the heated zone now with water spray injection i wanna reduce the temperature so what point properties are necessay

or do u know about any tutorial related to fire supprssion with vertically downward sray or related.

sorry,I do not have some tutorials about fire,I got some about combustion from fluent,tell me your e-mail if you need

mesumon203 April 4, 2010 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubaibai88 (Post 253141)
sorry,I do not have some tutorials about fire,I got some about combustion from fluent,tell me your e-mail if you need

mesumon203@yahoo.com

thanks for your help.

yubaibai88 April 4, 2010 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumon203 (Post 253142)
mesumon203@yahoo.com

thanks for your help.

mails has been sent
tell me if you receive it

mesumon203 April 5, 2010 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubaibai88 (Post 253143)
mails has been sent
tell me if you receive it

yes i found it. thanks brother


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:41.