CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
Home > Forums > FLUENT

Fatal signal / Access_Violation

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   May 7, 2010, 07:14
Default Fatal signal / Access_Violation
jphastings is on a distinguished road
Hi all, there seem to be a lot of questions on here about the ACCESS_VIOLATION error that sometimes pops up but very few answers! I'm working on a dissertation project so I'm hoping I'll be able to find an answer for everyone fairly quickly.

To summarize the error, there are some meshes (I haven't yet identified a specific thing which triggers this issue - I use ICEM to create mine) where loading them in the student edition of Fluent v12 comes up with this error:

I note that its the student edition because there are other errors that pop up explaining that there are limits to the number of cells the student edition will allow in a calculation (512,000) but I've seen the error brought up if there are too many cells, and this is not it!

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? Please feel free to ask any pertinent questions!

Many thanks,
jphastings is offline   Reply With Quote