Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Junphy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 21, 2010, 08:44
Default FLUENT - EVAPORATION and CONDENSATION SIMULATION

Patryk
Patryk is on a distinguished road
Let's say there is a closed aluminum cube. The cube is filled in 1/5 with water and in 4/5 with air . The deck of the cube is a source of the heat. The surface of the cube is constantly cooled. The water in it evaporates, traveles to the surface, gets cooled, condensates and drops down (some kind of a heat pipe).
I want to simulate it with FLUENT.

Questions:
Which model of phases is appropriate(VOF,Eulerian,DPM,Mixture model)? How manage with mass transfer from liquid phase to gasous and vice versa? How simulate heat transfer in this case?
Thank you in advance,
Patryk
Patryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 24, 2014, 23:43

Xiaobing Zhang
xiaobingwill is on a distinguished road
Hi I'm doing similar modeling, can u tell me how did you do this simulation in the end?: Thanks
xiaobingwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 25, 2014, 01:35

Junphy Liues
Junphy is on a distinguished road
I am working on this simulation right now, mixture is perfect I think, the result is better than other models. U need to wright some UDFs to realize the phase change.
xiaobingwill likes this.
Junphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 30, 2014, 00:38

Xiaobing Zhang
xiaobingwill is on a distinguished road
Hi Junphy,

Is it OK for you to share your UDF with me? I got stuck with condensation, and my results with evaporation is not that good. Can you please help me with this?

My email is zhangxiaobinghust@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junphy View Post
I am working on this simulation right now, mixture is perfect I think, the result is better than other models. U need to wright some UDFs to realize the phase change.
xiaobingwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 30, 2014, 02:29

Arun Tamilarasan
arunt is on a distinguished road
Hey,
I am working on a similar problem but I am focusing on the evaporation behavior alone. The mixture model seems to work fine and as for the UDF, if you have the fluent UDF manual, you can refer it and get on it on your own. Also, you will have to patch water and vapor regions at t=0. For some reason, I cannot patch them and the vapor volume fraction seems zero always. Anyway, the mixture model will be the correct multiphase physics for your problem.

Arun.
arunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 14, 2014, 09:54
Default droplet evaporation

navid
navid2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunt View Post
Hey,
I am working on a similar problem but I am focusing on the evaporation behavior alone. The mixture model seems to work fine and as for the UDF, if you have the fluent UDF manual, you can refer it and get on it on your own. Also, you will have to patch water and vapor regions at t=0. For some reason, I cannot patch them and the vapor volume fraction seems zero always. Anyway, the mixture model will be the correct multiphase physics for your problem.

Arun.
hi
i'm working on evaporation of a single water droplet in a square computational field that is included static air. can u help me about settings of ansys fluent for this problem?
any helps is appreciated.
navid2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 14, 2014, 11:07

Behrooz Jamshidi
CFD-fellow is on a distinguished road
Hi
With AnsysFluent its not needed to write udf.It has the mass transfer equations for evaporation and condensation.
These kinds of simulations are really hard to be handled by commercial codes.
CFD-fellow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 23, 2014, 21:14

Bill Wang
6863523 is on a distinguished road
Hi CFD-fellow,
I tried the evaporation and condensation mechanism of transient VOF model in FLUENT14.5, but the result is not good, as the phase fraction always change with time and in the final, either the liquid turned in to vapor or vapor turned into liquid. the problem is in the vapor domain, liquid shoud not exist vise verse. I did not interpret/compile any UDFs. At the initial of the simulation, I patched liquid in liquid domain and vapor in vapor domain.
Have you worked the simulation out? Would you please give me some hint? email:1612955572@qq.com
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Bill
6863523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evaporation condensation