|March 30, 2011, 16:12||
Cylinder Radiation with turbulence unsteady transient formulation
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16Rep Power: 6
I have a doubt and i hope someone can help me. I´ve simulated a turbulent transient flow through a cylinder for Re=10000 using fluent 12.1.
My transient data:
Time steps =30000
My objective is a uv simulation and for that i choose “do” radiation model, and i manage to introduce radiation parameters on cylinder as uv lamp, but i´m with some doubts:
1. Since the flow simulation is currently done, i uncheck the flow, turbulence and energy equations and only let discrete ordinates equation. Is this correct?
2. Should I change inlet, fluid and cylinder temperature?
3. Since i´m trying to see the influence of radiation on a turbulent flow I should run calculation from previous solution or can i reinitialize solution initialization?
4. I´m with doubts regarding timestep length, number and even iterations. There is any law, or even a tutorial?
5. I´ve read fluent radiation schemes, but I can find any tutorial or manual of radiation simulation regard transient flow. If anyone know any please tell me.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion: Reason of Turbulence!!||Wen Long||Main CFD Forum||3||May 15, 2009 09:52|
|Tets and k-e model for unsteady turbulence flows||Jen||Main CFD Forum||0||July 9, 2003 13:28|
|Help of Transient in Turbulence flow||JJ||Main CFD Forum||0||June 17, 2003 22:31|
|Steady state formulation of turbulence ??||Jitendra||Main CFD Forum||1||June 27, 2000 18:49|
|Interaction of Radiation with Turbulence||Aristide Mbiock||Main CFD Forum||1||December 16, 1998 17:04|