CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   Need help For VOF Modeling result (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/91893-need-help-vof-modeling-result.html)

Yapoo August 25, 2011 16:16

Need help For VOF Modeling result
 
Hello Freinds!;)

as i described before I'm working on a problem of Catamaran hydrodynamic analysis in fluent.

but when solving procedure is finished and i want to show the free surface position with VOLUME FRACTION value Fluent show me the surface the uniform surface.it means that when i choose the phase-2 it shows me the surface with Volume fraction number=1 and when i choose the phase-1 shows me the VOF=0 !!!! :(

please help me !
where is the problem???:confused:
THNANKS:o

Yapoo August 26, 2011 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yapoo (Post 321648)
Hello Freinds!;)

as i described before I'm working on a problem of Catamaran hydrodynamic analysis in fluent.

but when solving procedure is finished and i want to show the free surface position with VOLUME FRACTION value Fluent show me the surface the uniform surface.it means that when i choose the phase-2 it shows me the surface with Volume fraction number=1 and when i choose the phase-1 shows me the VOF=0 !!!! :(

please help me !
where is the problem???:confused:
THNANKS:o

Any body Can't help me????

rogerspass August 26, 2011 19:38

Is phase-1 the air and phase-2 the water? It seems correct for me? You didn't mention where are you looking at. If you are looking on the water and air boundary, you should see 0.5.

Yapoo August 27, 2011 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerspass (Post 321842)
Is phase-1 the air and phase-2 the water? It seems correct for me? You didn't mention where are you looking at. If you are looking on the water and air boundary, you should see 0.5.

yes phase1 is air and phase2 is liquid water
i looking for it on the water and air boundary but only see 0 or 1 for VOF.
???!!!

sail August 28, 2011 13:04

create an isosurface of vof = 0.5. this is your freesurface

Yapoo August 29, 2011 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sail (Post 321971)
create an isosurface of vof = 0.5. this is your freesurface

Thank you my freind!
I'll do that and then explain what will happened to you!

Yapoo September 11, 2011 09:51

Sos>>!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yapoo (Post 322132)
Thank you my freind!
I'll do that and then explain what will happened to you!

I Did that but still the answer is incorrect
Need A Emergency help from someone that has VOF Modeling Experiences in Fluent

PLEASE!!!!! SOS!

sabin September 11, 2011 23:50

In VOF analysis, boundary can be considered as regions with abrupt change of phases. So in your case also there are abrupt change ( 1 to 0) regions. So they are the boundaries.

Philipov September 12, 2011 03:29

Hi,
what tool do you use to show results?
Check again that you did the calculation properly. If your domain is full of one of the phases then your results are correct. To check this: look at the domain volume and compare with the volume of the phase with vf=1.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33.