CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

fluent parallel problem in win7 x64 system

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   September 3, 2011, 04:19
Angry fluent parallel problem in win7 x64 system
  #1
New Member
 
dengjiajia
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 4
dunga82 is on a distinguished road
Dear all,

The system of my computer is win7 x64 professional, fluent software is fluent 6.3.26.

it is so strange for the fluent software of my computer, because of the serial fluent can be start but the parallel fluent could not be start.

when I want to start parallel fluent, and the error is coming as that rpc connect: no such file or directory. I don't know what is happened.

I want to try to solve the problem. So I reinstall fluent software in another computer, and the parallel fluent is working.

It is so strange, and I have no idea.

I come here ask for help.

Thank you everybody.
dunga82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 6, 2011, 10:16
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Claudio C.
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 6
Udio_NT is on a distinguished road
Hello!

Have you tried with a newer version of Fluent if you have the possibility to have it?

The problem is strange. Did you try to reinstall Fluent on that pc?

Claudio
Udio_NT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 8, 2011, 12:09
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Ronald A. Lau
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 7
ronaldalau is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ronaldalau
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunga82 View Post
Dear all,

The system of my computer is win7 x64 professional, fluent software is fluent 6.3.26.

it is so strange for the fluent software of my computer, because of the serial fluent can be start but the parallel fluent could not be start.

when I want to start parallel fluent, and the error is coming as that rpc connect: no such file or directory. I don't know what is happened.

I want to try to solve the problem. So I reinstall fluent software in another computer, and the parallel fluent is working.

It is so strange, and I have no idea.

I come here ask for help.

Thank you everybody.
I seriously doubt that version 6 will ever work in parallel on Win 7, considering that Win 7 didn't exist when version 6 came out. The parallel processing code has changed considerably between 6 and V13.
ronaldalau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 9, 2011, 10:39
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Mohammad
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Shiraz, Iran
Posts: 108
Rep Power: 6
m2montazari is on a distinguished road
hi all,
the problem is about windows not about the version of fluent. in win xp the unix utility package, which include rsh and ssh is installed by default but in vista and 7 microsoft removed that.
the simplest solution is to copy the rshd file included in fluent.inc/ntbin/win64/ folder to windows/system32 and in cmd goto this directory and type rshd -install and rsh will install on your computer. dont forget about disabling all firewalls on your computer.
check and tell about the results.
yours,
mohammad
m2montazari is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   September 12, 2011, 08:51
Default
  #5
New Member
 
dengjiajia
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 4
dunga82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2montazari View Post
hi all,
the problem is about windows not about the version of fluent. in win xp the unix utility package, which include rsh and ssh is installed by default but in vista and 7 microsoft removed that.
the simplest solution is to copy the rshd file included in fluent.inc/ntbin/win64/ folder to windows/system32 and in cmd goto this directory and type rshd -install and rsh will install on your computer. dont forget about disabling all firewalls on your computer.
check and tell about the results.
yours,
mohammad
The problem is the setting of MPI config, when I set the MPI config on the right way the problem was go away.

Thank you everybody.
dunga82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 10, 2012, 16:26
Default
  #6
Member
 
Emre G
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Turkey
Posts: 92
Rep Power: 5
emreg is on a distinguished road
hi,

what is the proper mpi configuration??
emreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 19, 2012, 04:39
Lightbulb
  #7
New Member
 
Small Mayi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 4
ChenZhan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreg View Post
hi,

what is the proper mpi configuration??

Please tell me how to deal with this problem??
help!!!
ChenZhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 19, 2012, 14:37
Default
  #8
Member
 
Emre G
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Turkey
Posts: 92
Rep Power: 5
emreg is on a distinguished road
hi.. in some cases this is mainly due to the ram hardware problem.

test your ram failure by plug out one of rams and test whether same problem exists or not. do same procedure for other ram.
emreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   April 19, 2012, 20:23
Talking
  #9
New Member
 
Small Mayi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 4
ChenZhan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreg View Post
hi.. in some cases this is mainly due to the ram hardware problem.

test your ram failure by plug out one of rams and test whether same problem exists or not. do same procedure for other ram.
Thank you emreg,my friend.i will try it.Have a nice day.
ChenZhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
fluent 6.3.26, parallel error, win7 x64

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATTN ALL: SOLUTON TO UDF COMPILE PROBLEM Rizwan Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming 30 March 21, 2014 06:34
Fluent parallel license problem brothershuai Main CFD Forum 0 July 1, 2009 15:41
Parallel Fluent Usage ILia Skryabine FLUENT 1 January 19, 2007 08:31
running Fluent on a DUAL CORE system Ralf Schmidt FLUENT 3 June 20, 2006 10:21
parallel mode - small problem? co2 FLUENT 2 June 1, 2004 23:47


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:21.